The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

CAT BOARDING

Hey people,

Been a long time since I’ve posted on here but need a bit of help.

Hitting Japan next year with a few mates and looking into doing CAT boarding. Have people done it there before?? How much did it cost?? What are the best companies??

Hey @fatima4u,

Old thread and no one wanted to help you haha. I saw you went cat boarding in Japan and it looked like an epic trip. Post some photos and tell us how it was. Keen to hear about it.

I’ve been thinking of posting something about my Cat Tour out of Tomamu, it was the highlight of my trip this year and was very well organised. You have to book through the Tomamu web site and availability comes up around September, they run the tour on Saturday and Sundays which is perfect to avoid the weekend crowds. We paid 40,000yen for 8 runs and lunch the runs are long enough to get about 10-15 man turns in in untouched pow. Best to stay at Tomamu Tower as they pick you up from there and drop you back at the end of the day, you then meet up at 4.30 at the local shop where you can see all your photos and video which each photo works out about $8.00 and the video you get two (2) one long and one cut back for about $100 between 3 people very good value the one below is the cut back.
The following are a few pics and video I’m on the Pointy board a Gentem Big Fish.

@Nigel Neubauer, that’s awesome! Looks like it was an epic experience. Thanks for sharing.

I fixed your Vimeo embed (you only need the numbers after the .com/).

You need to wait for your photos to finish uploading before submitting your reply. That’s why only one of your photos is showing up. Keen to see more if you don’t mind reposting them? ?

thanks rider26 for the heads up about the photos and sorting out the vimeo link. All pictures posted now.

Wow! Epic shots and video!