The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Healthy Snacks For Snowboarding - Suggestions

Hey guys,

I’ve been following the Boardworld forum for a while. Finally decided to sign up. Love the community here.

I’m hoping you can give me some ideas for healthy snack foods for snowboarding.

I’d rather snack all day on smaller meals than each a few big ones, especially when I’m on the hill.

What I struggle with the most is most snacks are garbage, cookies, cakes, chips. What do you substitute for the garbage snack foods?

I find that I can eat celery and carrots, green peppers for about 2 weeks then I get sick of them. Problem for me is keeping it easy to grab and varied so not to make eating monotonous.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to BOARDWORLD, @JamesWilkins!

Cliff Bars and beef jerky are the winners for me. It’s not so much about the health factor necessarily, but I need energy and protein so I can stay energised. Nothing worse than having to go in for lunch and wait in lines with huge crowds on a powder day when I’d rather be shredding.

Nuts and in particular almonds are a good one as well. And nothing wrong with the odd cookie here and there. wink