The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Working whistler 2018/2019 questions

Me and a mate are very keen on working at whistler this coming season. However the working holiday club are full. We have contacted whistler and they said we are able to apply online and if we get an offer we can then contacting housing to get a bed or get on the list. Has anyone had any experience in going down this route or have any suggestions?

Thanks

Hey @toothjones,

How early are you planning on getting to Whistler? Are you going to be in Whistler for the Job Fair? If so, your plan could work. If you can’t make the Job Fair, I hate to say it but, I’d probably give Whistler a miss. It’s just too hard to find a place to live in the current housing situation. At least if you get a job early via the Job Fair, you’ve got a decent shot at getting into staff housing for your first season.

rider26 - 25 May 2018 02:09 PM

Hey @toothjones,

How early are you planning on getting to Whistler? Are you going to be in Whistler for the Job Fair? If so, your plan could work. If you can’t make the Job Fair, I hate to say it but, I’d probably give Whistler a miss. It’s just too hard to find a place to live in the current housing situation. At least if you get a job early via the Job Fair, you’ve got a decent shot at getting into staff housing for your first season.

Ideally we were planning to have an offer before leaving. However that doesn’t sound like it may be possible!

Have you spoken with Whistler Blackcomb about it? What did they say?

As far as I’m aware, it’s not common for jobs to be offered before the Job Fair, unless you’re an instructor. However, if you’ve been told otherwise, I would pursue the opportunity ASAP.