The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Myoko Kogan - Feb 2018

ClevoCapri - 14 February 2018 11:51 PM

Im back from Myoko. Had a few good days. Got some amazing dry, fluffy, fast powder. Not the deepest but the best quality snow ive ridden.

I didn’t get to Arrai. Has anyone else gone or going? While I was there 2 people died there after going off course due to poor visibility. Ski patrol said weather was too bad to search. Found them next morning…...

Was a good trip. Cant wait for next year!

Me and a couple of the boys got to ride Lotte Arrai and it was well worth timing it with a good day. They opened all but one of the free ride zones and conditions were perfect, 30cm of fresh the night before and the skies clearing up mid-day. Freshies up untill the last lift and hardly anyone on the mountain.
We had one bus load from Myoko and counted a single van in the car park.
Although I think reason behind the lack of people is due to the recent Grand Opening after a 10 or so year closure so word hasnt had time to spread around yet, but i can see this place being well known and world class in the next few years, Everything is brand NEW.
I heard a rumour that the Japanese call it “Death Mountain” because in the past numerous people have lost their lives there. MY advice is don’t duck any ropes, the terrain available is more than enough for any powder hound and its not worth the risk.

Any way, Here is the video of the DAY we had.

Music: SYLVAN ESSO - COFFEE

OptimusGrime - 18 February 2018 03:48 PM
ClevoCapri - 14 February 2018 11:51 PM

Im back from Myoko. Had a few good days. Got some amazing dry, fluffy, fast powder. Not the deepest but the best quality snow ive ridden.

I didn’t get to Arrai. Has anyone else gone or going? While I was there 2 people died there after going off course due to poor visibility. Ski patrol said weather was too bad to search. Found them next morning…...

Was a good trip. Cant wait for next year!

Me and a couple of the boys got to ride Lotte Arrai and it was well worth timing it with a good day. They opened all but one of the free ride zones and conditions were perfect, 30cm of fresh the night before and the skies clearing up mid-day. Freshies up untill the last lift and hardly anyone on the mountain.
We had one bus load from Myoko and counted a single van in the car park.
Although I think reason behind the lack of people is due to the recent Grand Opening after a 10 or so year closure so word hasnt had time to spread around yet, but i can see this place being well known and world class in the next few years, Everything is brand NEW.
I heard a rumour that the Japanese call it “Death Mountain” because in the past numerous people have lost their lives there. MY advice is don’t duck any ropes, the terrain available is more than enough for any powder hound and its not worth the risk.

Any way, Here is the video of the DAY we had.

Looks like a killer day!
Will definitely be good to get there sometime. Hopefully next year!