The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

2018 Jan-Feb - who is going where?

Starting up a thread to get a collective view of where we are all going to be this Nth Hemi winter!  Getting a bit excited!!

We are doing:

Rossland, BC -8-15 Jan
Nelson, BC 15-23 Jan
Akakura Onsen 24 Jan - Feb 3
Seattle Mountains - Mid-Feb - Mid-March

Anyone planning on being in any of the places around the same times?  If not, where are you planning to spend your Jan-Feb?

The northern winter is looking to be a cracker this year!!

Sounds like an epic trip, @Hughman666!

I’ll be in Whistler again this winter. If anyone is visiting, hit me up! shaka

Yo. Im heading to various Japow resorts from early JAN-March. I will be in Myoko from 1st Feb to 7th. Be good to go for a Shred YEw

OptimusGrime - 12 December 2017 08:20 PM

Yo. Im heading to various Japow resorts from early JAN-March. I will be in Myoko from 1st Feb to 7th. Be good to go for a Shred YEw

We will probably be leaving Myoko on the 2nd so let’s lock in a session on the 1st!

Will be in Niseko from 29 Jan until 8 Feb.

Yiew!

Kamui, Sahoro and Sapporo Teine 26th-31st Jan
1-5 Feb Tomamu + Cat tour 4th Feb, 5-10 Feb Furano and Kamui
Riding a new Snowplank Snofish and Spring Break Tree Hunter and some Verts Snowshoes.

Nigel Neubauer - 16 December 2017 11:05 PM

Kamui, Sahoro and Sapporo Teine 26th-31st Jan
1-5 Feb Tomamu + Cat tour 4th Feb, 5-10 Feb Furano and Kamui
Riding a new Snowplank Snofish and Spring Break Tree Hunter and some Verts Snowshoes.

Sounds awesome mate, just checked out the Verts snowshoes, they look really interesting.  We are doing our AST1 while in BC and a splitboard or snowshoes are mandatory, the Verts look like they could be perfect!

*edit* just bought 2 x sets!

Sounds awesome mate, just checked out the Verts snowshoes, they look really interesting.  We are doing our AST1 while in BC and a splitboard or snowshoes are mandatory, the Verts look like they could be perfect!

*edit* just bought 2 x sets!

Nice one they are great snowshoes for Snowboarders can’t wait to try them another tip is to grab some Free The Powder Gloves just got a pair of RX3 as every manufacturer seems to be doing under gloves.
You have great trip planned wish I could get a leave pass that long from the wife.

I’m in Nelson/whitewater if anyone’s out this way hit me up for a ride

Nigel Neubauer - 17 December 2017 09:39 PM

You have great trip planned wish I could get a leave pass that long from the wife.

I’m bringing my wife along, much easier to get the leave pass ?

Hughman666 - 21 December 2017 11:46 AM
Nigel Neubauer - 17 December 2017 09:39 PM

I’m bringing my wife along, much easier to get the leave pass ?

Yes you have it sorted I guess I am doing okay to get my leave pass every year. I am always envious of your trips. Might need a new wife.

Nigel Neubauer - 23 December 2017 08:46 PM

Yes you have it sorted I guess I am doing okay to get my leave pass every year. I am always envious of your trips. Might need a new wife.

? drastic measures! The FTP gloves look pretty cool!

getting excited for Nippon 2018 over here!

Feb 6,7,8 in Hakuba…9,10,11th in Nozawa…12th-17th in Furano and then 17-20th/21st somewhere TBC on Hokkaido but we will have a car!

I’ll be in Hakuba mid Feb - first time in Japan, so long as i get from a to b and back after a week I’m solid. Looking forward to rockin the MP3 and finding out how unfit i am haha smirk

Niseko end of Feb. First time in Japan, can’t bloody wait. The snow reports coming out have been epic

Whistler from 27th Jan to the 8th Feb, can’t wait!

@rider26  should try and meet up!