The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Europe 2017

Awwwww Yeah!!!

As of this morning Kev and I booked our trip to Europe!

We depart on the 22nd Dec, planning a White Christmas in a ski resort (we have accom booked at a french resort but we can cancel and go somewhere else if snow is slim!) Norway for NYE and then up to the Arctic Circle. Back down to main land Europe for a couple of weeks before another week in a resort (again holding off booking and will go where the snow is pumping!) Before a few days in London and flying home.

5 weeks or so in total

shaka

oh wow!!! That sounds awesome!

Sounds epic! Nice one!

Sounds fantastic!

Thanks All!

The tweaking has already begun!

It seem Kev wants to go to Iceland!

Which will be cool - in more ways than one!

Iceland would be unreal!

Iceland will be sick! I haven’t been yet but I’m frothing to go! We were thinking we’d go to Europe and ride the alps next nthn winter as well as swing past sweden and visit fred’s family but cos some mates are moving to Norway in the middle of next year, we’ll probably wait to go to Europe until the summer so we have an excuse to go to Norway again.

Yeah i am pretty stoked about it!

It was never really on my must see list - so haven’t though much about it before.

@cords we can trade plans tomorrow! I still think we need help on the scandi portion!

Just bumping this for the sake of it! haha

Less than 3 months to go and pretty much all booked!

Currently researching the shite out of how to best photograph the Northern lights! Hopefully we get lucky with almost 8 days at a good latitude! Including a night at the Ice Hotel and Abisko/Aurora Sky Station.

And really worried about what to wear/take/pack. But think i am overly stressing. On the night tours i think just wearing our ski gear will be the best.

@air180 any thoughts or packing tips?

ozgirl - 10 October 2016 03:57 PM

Just bumping this for the sake of it! haha

Less than 3 months to go and pretty much all booked!

Currently researching the shite out of how to best photograph the Northern lights! Hopefully we get lucky with almost 8 days at a good latitude! Including a night at the Ice Hotel and Abisko/Aurora Sky Station.

And really worried about what to wear/take/pack. But think i am overly stressing. On the night tours i think just wearing our ski gear will be the best.

Oz everything I’ve ever seen on NorthernLights they’ve been wearing ski gear.  Brrrr!!! Chilly!!

I’d go for layers.
And good thermal layers at that.  Especially for your core.

You guys are going to have an epic trip!!!  I want trip reports, recommendations and loads of photos!!

We are looking at a quick trip to Spain in January - visit the returned Spaniard in Madrid, visit a mate in Bilbao (Basque region) and then hit up Andorra for a few turns before getting back so the baby bearcub can start yr 12.  <Sigh> Parenting commitment almost over!!

LMB - 10 October 2016 06:19 PM
ozgirl - 10 October 2016 03:57 PM

Oz everything I’ve ever seen on NorthernLights they’ve been wearing ski gear.  Brrrr!!! Chilly!!

I’d go for layers.
And good thermal layers at that.  Especially for your core.

You guys are going to have an epic trip!!!  I want trip reports, recommendations and loads of photos!!

We are looking at a quick trip to Spain in January - visit the returned Spaniard in Madrid, visit a mate in Bilbao (Basque region) and then hit up Andorra for a few turns before getting back so the baby bearcub can start yr 12.  <Sigh> Parenting commitment almost over!!

Yeah its mid layers that i am worried about really… and interestingly apres, well any boots.. even for walking around the city in winter (Oslo,Stockholm etc) I think i really want boots that cover my ankles.

But the ice hotel and the aurora sky station both provide outdoor gear.

Re spain - you know our favourite ski instructors are trying to get job at Andorra and that if they do Kev and I will be going to spend that Jan week we are yet to book there?

ozgirl - 11 October 2016 05:01 PM

Re spain - you know our favourite ski instructors are trying to get job at Andorra and that if they do Kev and I will be going to spend that Jan week we are yet to book there?

No way!!!
Keep me in the loop.  Maybe we can all catch up in Andorra!!!
Sick!

LMB - 12 October 2016 12:26 AM
ozgirl - 11 October 2016 05:01 PM

No way!!!
Keep me in the loop.  Maybe we can all catch up in Andorra!!!
Sick!

Exactly!

That would be awesome grin

F@#K Yeah!

4 sleeps to go - whoo hooo

For those not following on facebook this is our plan

We arrive in Plan Peisey (a small village within the Paradiski area - Les Arcs/La Plagne are more know resorts of the area. our pass access all areas)

the current forceast is for a bit of snow early Christmas morning - which will be very exciting if it happens. This is my forth Christmas in a ski resort and I never woken to fresh snow on Christmas day!

For NYE will be in Oslo - suspect most things in the city will be closed so we might jump on the train (20mins) to the nearest ski resort.

We then jump on a plane to ICELAND! fingers crossed the northern lights activity is active.

Then we fly to Sweden for a couple of nights in Stockholm and then we jump on an overnight train up to the arctic circle. With one of those in THE ICE HOTEL!

We then fly to Copenhagen and Amsterdam for a couple of nights each and we have another week skiing (we haven’t booked that yet) before 5 days in London.

ozgirl - 18 December 2016 06:02 PM

F@#K Yeah!

4 sleeps to go - whoo hooo

For those not following on facebook this is our plan

We arrive in Plan Peisey (a small village within the Paradiski area - Les Arcs/La Plagne are more know resorts of the area. our pass access all areas)

the current forceast is for a bit of snow early Christmas morning - which will be very exciting if it happens. This is my forth Christmas in a ski resort and I never woken to fresh snow on Christmas day!

For NYE will be in Oslo - suspect most things in the city will be closed so we might jump on the train (20mins) to the nearest ski resort.

We then jump on a plane to ICELAND! fingers crossed the northern lights activity is active.

Then we fly to Sweden for a couple of nights in Stockholm and then we jump on an overnight train up to the arctic circle. With one of those in THE ICE HOTEL!

We then fly to Copenhagen and Amsterdam for a couple of nights each and we have another week skiing (we haven’t booked that yet) before 5 days in London.

It’s such a fantastic itinerary! 
You and YK will have an absolute ball, snow on Christmas Day or not.

Pics and TR please shaka

And best of luck beating the foot pain into submission.

How was it?????