The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Line Up - Daily Chat :)

Talked to some old blokes on a chair few weeks ago. They were going on about normo saying he cant be real they couldnt do more than 8k vert a day and hes cranking up 11plus. I never paid much attention to it but i looked this morning before first lifts and some guy has 2k clocked already?! 5 minutes later he hit 2.4 . Perhaps a liftie swiping ng his pass every 2mins? Flawed system i think. I heard normo rides the centre valley quad all dy gets off at mid but u get full vert allocation as though u gonto top. Whats the av u guys do? My daughter skis with me generally so we crank around 5-6 a day

Hello all, Scheduled myself in for a cheeky Monday off next week so I can head up to Hotham for the weekend for one last hoorah for the Aussie season (counting the days to Japan in Feb now!). I gather The Shred is on at Perisher this weekend but If there’s anyone who couldn’t make it and will be at Hotham this weekend, feel free to hit me up for a beer or 3!

On a side note… why has my account reverted back to 2.0? confused
Das weird mang… i thought that one was deleted after the forum was updated to the new format.

Christmas came early for me, yesterday arvo - got to take a ride in the turret of a tank!!  rocker

Skateboarding Scene from the secret life of walter mitty. Just makes me happy, wish it was long er ?

So, a rabbi, a priest and an atheist walk into a bar. Actually, they never made it to the bar…

rider26 - 10 December 2010 03:25 PM

Last day of shredding tomorrow for a few weeks. We leave Whistler for Vancouver on Saturday (currently trying to find a ride), then fly out for Miami on Sunday. Sunny days ahead…  cool smile

Hey Mate, I know this is clearly bringing up an old topic! But what is Whistler like in your opinion? I’m off to there in 2018 End of Jan for 1 week. whats your thoughts on the place? Any advice you can give? duration if I need to go longer? or where the best parts are?

Cheers Man.

Rosey2310 - 23 July 2017 04:50 PM

Last day of shredding tomorrow for a few weeks. We leave Whistler for Vancouver on Saturday (currently trying to find a ride), then fly out for Miami on Sunday. Sunny days ahead…  cool smile

Hey Mate, I know this is clearly bringing up an old topic! But what is Whistler like in your opinion? I’m off to there in 2018 End of Jan for 1 week. whats your thoughts on the place? Any advice you can give? duration if I need to go longer? or where the best parts are?

Cheers Man.

@Rosey2310  Bahahaha. Might be old but Jeremy (that you quoted) is still in Whistler (or Vancouver at least).

So as you may expect, he likes it there.

1 Week is enough to spend a fortune and have a fkn awesome time in one of the biggest and baddest ski resorts in the world. If you’re lucky and hit some snow you’ll have pow for days. If you’re a park rat there is something for you. If you just want to sit by a fire in a prissy hotel, you can do that too.

Obviously if you have more time and money, the longer the better but there is definitely enough to do for a week and I wouldn’t try to go to other resorts if you only have a week. Even the small ones are good for multiple days of riding. Most resorts here in Aus are tiny compared to Canada (or even if they have tons of runs, the runs are super short in comparison.)

TJswish - 24 July 2017 08:45 PM
Rosey2310 - 23 July 2017 04:50 PM

Cheers Man.

@Rosey2310  Bahahaha. Might be old but Jeremy (that you quoted) is still in Whistler (or Vancouver at least).

So as you may expect, he likes it there.

1 Week is enough to spend a fortune and have a fkn awesome time in one of the biggest and baddest ski resorts in the world. If you’re lucky and hit some snow you’ll have pow for days. If you’re a park rat there is something for you. If you just want to sit by a fire in a prissy hotel, you can do that too.

Obviously if you have more time and money, the longer the better but there is definitely enough to do for a week and I wouldn’t try to go to other resorts if you only have a week. Even the small ones are good for multiple days of riding. Most resorts here in Aus are tiny compared to Canada (or even if they have tons of runs, the runs are super short in comparison.)

Cheers bro, Appreciate the response and your effort!

I’m looking forward to it aye!

I’m not going to change my hotel or anything like that just want to make the most of my slope time and all the best things Whistler can offer in a week. Just trying to pick peoples mind to see what they recommend. Money isn’t really an issue, not trying to act all RICH and all but I want to enjoy my time of course. I want to hit the parks and all mountain so I feel I should have my hands full!!!  tongue wink

Hey @Rosey2310!

Whistler is an incredible place. As @TJswish mentioned,  I’ve been here for quite a while. First came here in 2005 and have spent several seasons here since. Anyway, what in particular would you like to know?

I would go for longer than a week if you can make it happen. You generally lose a day travelling to and from Vancouver, even though it’s only a 2-hour bus ride. Weekends tend to be really busy so you’ll get your best riding in during the week most likely.

Whistler offers just about everything, but it sounds like you want to spend most of your energy on the mountain, which is the way to do it. In the evening there are countless restaurants and bars, and even a cinema if you feel like chilling and watching a movie.

Since money isn’t an issue, you might even want to consider a day of cat or heli boarding. The backcountry in this part of the world is epic, so that’s something to think about. You can also hire snowmobiles, go dog sledding etc.

Let me know if you have any specific questions and I will be happy to answer.

Who’s going up this weekend in Aus?  The weather nerds are getting very excited about the system coming through from today to Tuesday next week, especially Sunday.  I’ll be at Hotham Saturday morning.

Mudhoney - 03 August 2017 09:00 AM

Who’s going up this weekend in Aus?  The weather nerds are getting very excited about the system coming through from today to Tuesday next week, especially Sunday.  I’ll be at Hotham Saturday morning.

Just scored Monday off work - heading to Perisher shaka

Sunday / Monday / Tuesday look like the best days. Saturday looks like wind hold and bad weather. I’m pretty stoked I get Mondays and Tuesdays off work!

I wish I could stay until Monday.  I desperately want to stay Sunday but not looking forward to the chaos getting off the mountain. Might get to try out my 420PH!