The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Undefeated - A Rail Jam for Aidan

Hey BW crew,

I’m stoked to announce that we just got the go ahead from Perisher to run a Rail Jam event in honour of an awesome friend of mine, Aidan Mattingly. He was one of our instructors who passed away from cancer this year. This guy beat cancer, had his fibula bone removed from his leg, came back for another season AND still taught and ripped the park, more or less on one leg before being re-diagnosed with cancer.

It’s going to be a rad event, lots of prizes for rail jam competitors or just BBQ and watch the jam from the bottom of the park. If you’re at Perisher during the event, whether you want to enter or not, it would be rad to see my favourite BWers there or meet some that I don’t know yet.

100% of proceeds go to Camp Quality in Aidan’s honor.

Where: Bottom of Perisher Front Valley Park

When: July 20th

Time: 2pm - 4:30pm

Details and sign up will be up on Perisher’s website in a week or two. Hope to see you there! (I’ll be the tall one with a rake in my hand).

I’m so sorry to hear of Aidan’s tragic passing. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

@Andy Aitken, you can count on our support. I will be in touch.

♥️

BW supporting the industry as they always do ? thanks man.

Also, I forgot to mention, we will be selling T-Shirts for $25 on the day to raise money. It will be the “Aiden Inception” image picture above and a quote on the back. If anyone is in Jindabyne before then and wants one, just let me know and I’ll get one to you.

Hey crew,

Here’s a pic of the shirts we are selling for charity and the event poster. BBQ, DJ, Comp MC and loads of prizes awarded for progression, not scoring. Basically nothing but good times. Hope to see you there! shaka