The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Product Questions

@Mizu Kuma
I read and watched the good ride review. They gave it a huge wrap on groomers but said it’s slow to turn and wouldn’t want to be in tight trees. Which seemed surprising given short length and setback. Now I’m confused lol.

brenno - 06 March 2017 04:38 PM

@Mizu Kuma
I read and watched the good ride review. They gave it a huge wrap on groomers but said it’s slow to turn and wouldn’t want to be in tight trees. Which seemed surprising given short length and setback. Now I’m confused lol.

I’m guessing that they meant it’s slow to turn on the groomer hardpack????? Understandably with it bein so wide!!!!! And yet they gave it a good wrap?????

In deep powder, it’s another story, so I got no idea what they’re talkin about when it comes to the trees????? Who’s gonna ride trees when it’s anythin but powder?????

Goodride can be taken with a grain of salt I reckon!!!!!

I say to go for it!!!!! It has all the ingredients of the perfect Japan Pow Stick!!!!!

^^ I’m with @Mizu Kuma on all of that. There isn’t any reason why the MT wouldn’t be nimble through the trees, especially in fresh snow. I just went to their review page and it was a warm, sunny day… no pow in sight! Therefore I would also take that statement with a grain of salt. You even hear one of the guys disagree with the statement: “maybe in pow.” That’s exactly what the board is designed for. It’s a shorter, nimble, pow board. The dynamics are completely different in fresh snow; tail sinks, nose rises, turning radius is reduced considerably. Anyway, I disagree with what was said in that video regarding riding it in trees.

brenno - 06 March 2017 04:38 PM

@Mizu Kuma

Hey @brenno

I just got back from Japan taking over a gang of boards including all 3 sizes in the Rome Powder divisions. We were in Hakuba and got a variety of different snow. Super heavy wet snow, light fluffy good stuff, crusty and good ol groomers. So the boards got taken in pretty much every environment.

@Mizu Kuma  and @rider26  are correct on all fronts. Ideally the MT and ST are rippers in trees. I felt the MT a little more than the PT for that due to the slightly narrower waist. They work on groomers due to the camber profile in them. For the “Good Ride Review” I am not going to discredit them. There needs to be more reviewers like those guys. He is a size 9 foot so he would very, very rarely ride a board with a waist width like the MT(270mm). So as with anyone that rides a board that is about 15-20mm narrower as your daily driver the turn response will take a a few laps to get used to. Hence why I feel he thinks its a slower turner.

If you want some reassurance jump to on @evanwilcox instagram date is Feb 9th he posted it (watch all his vids he shreds) He is on the 148 ST(290mm waist width) and he is riding it like a regular waist width boards in the trees.

@nathcosti
@rider26
@Mizu Kuma
Thanks guys, I generally have thought those guys reviews have been good but was thrown when such a short board like that was apparently a slow turner. @nathcosti
I’m sold after checking out Wilcoxs insty! He was ripping on that board in the trees. Think I’ll get a set of boss bindings with it! I’ve been riding a Rome agent 54 camber last few yrs and it’s been a really good board! Think I’ll stick with the Rome gear ??

@rider26
All done ordered the board and Rome 390 boss bindings . Just thought though, going OS next Wednesday should I get it before because no one will be home for 2 weeks!

Thanks for your order, @brenno.

Your order will ship today, and you should almost certainly receive it by next Wednesday. The snowboard will be shipped via courier and the bindings with Australia Post eParcel. We are located in Sydney so it should be pretty quick. You will receive tracking for both. We can hold the order until you get back if you prefer, but I think it will get to you in time no problem.

brenno - 07 March 2017 05:54 PM

@nathcosti
@rider26
@Mizu Kuma
Thanks guys, I generally have thought those guys reviews have been good but was thrown when such a short board like that was apparently a slow turner. @nathcosti
I’m sold after checking out Wilcoxs insty! He was ripping on that board in the trees. Think I’ll get a set of boss bindings with it! I’ve been riding a Rome agent 54 camber last few yrs and it’s been a really good board! Think I’ll stick with the Rome gear ??

@brenno  awesome news mate.
Wilcox is a ripper for sure and a good guy. Agents are a killer board. There is only one left in the line now the Alek RK1 Agent in a 155. When the Agent needs to be hung up on the wall check out the new National from Rome. Same family as an all mountain freestyle killer but with different camber line to it and built in Canada. Not sure what they do up there but the Canadian boards feel great under foot.

happy shredding and thanks for the support.

@rider26
All good with del if in Sydney I’ll take my chances!

@rider26
Got the gear! Thanks mate good fast delivery and Charles emailed when it was dispatched. Really happy with the look and feel of the mt, and the bindings look solid. I’ve been using ride boards and bindings for nearly all my 20yrs riding, but I’m definitely a Rome convert! The bindings particularly the straps and ratchets look solid which I feel have been a disappointment with ride for a good few yrs. still have a machete but the agent gets the nod with full camber ??
Oh and been using Bowery gloves which held up good considering the abuse they had! Sounds like an ad for Rome lol
Thanks also nath for the stickers, I’ll give them to some groms I know!

Thanks for the feedback, @brenno! Stoked to hear it!

When will nikwax waterproofing tx-direct spray be in stock again?

@PRUT, we’ll have more in stock very soon. Just waiting for our winter delivery.