The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Fernie - 2016/17

Hey guys,

Whats the accom & job situation like at Fernie around this time? Missed out on the job fair & wondering if it’s still possible to get a decent gig with/at Fernie.

Cheers in advance

Honestly if you want a job with the actual mountain you should probably not get your hopes up. They have filled all their jobs and unless you want to do something like snow-shovelling when someone inevitably quits cause they literally just help park cars and scrape snow… If you really want a on mountain job, maybe hit up Kimberley, Manning Park or Apex as they are smaller resorts and may still have decent jobs going.

But if you’re set on Fernie then there is definitely jobs around town. My housemates last year worked at the chocolate shop, Yama-goya (Sushi), the Source (electronics) and a few friends worked at Elk Valley Pizza and Boston Pizza. Just go around town giving out resumes until you get a job.

Housing is a bit rough. There is always the option of Staff accom like places (The Central / The Royal / The Fernie) or finding some people and getting a room. It does however look like it will be over $500 a month for a room to yourself and often $600 a month for a double or bigger bed in one of those rooms. 1 Bedroom places are always around the $1000 a month price so unless you’re a couple this is often too much for most people.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask questions and I’ll try to keep checking.

Hey tjswish are you still I fernie this season. My wife and I are looking at coming to fernie next season 17/18 to work. What should we start doing now???