The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Bindings?

HI,

I’m new to snowboarding and am heading off to Japan for the second time in February. Can anyone recommend some good bindings for me? I have the GNU B-NICE board, and my boot size is 8.5.

Thanks
Wendy

Welcome to Boardworld, @Wendy.

I would highly recommend a set of Now Vetta bindings. One of the best women’s bindings on the market, in my opinion. Excellent value for money. Skate-Tech increases performance and comfort. Every customer we’ve sold these to has been stoked.

What brand/model boots do you have? You’re on the cusp of small and medium, so we need to know what boots you’re in before recommending a size.

I have Northwave devine boots

I also need new bindings/have size 8.5 foot and ride Gnu Bnice. I’ve been riding for a while and am in desperate need of new bindings. I was looking at getting the Burton Scribe in Beige. Do you know anything about them. I absolutely love the look and I know Burton is a great brand. I was also told to look into Union Trilogy or Milan.

I have Burton Mint boots that I’ve already worn once (but I’m not in love with). I had Burton boots for the last 8 years and my feet are numb before I get onto the Mtn. I feel like it’s the angle of the boot or something. Whenever I rent boards they usually have Burton boots and they don’t make my feet feel numb!

I absolutely need new bindings for the above set up and would consider selling my boots to get a new pair that I love if you have any recommendations?

Thanks for the post Wendy! I’ve been looking for new bindings all week!

My recommendation would still be Now Vetta bindings. I’m a huge fan of Now’s “Skate-Tech” which is used in all of their bindings. You just can’t beat the feel and performance, in my opinion. There is also a new model for 2017, the Conda, which is a most high-performance women’s binding in the range.

Hi @rider26  , Thank you for the recommendation, what size now vetta/Conda binding would you recommend for me? my boot size seems to be on the cusp of small/medium. I have Northwave Devine Boots, size 8.5 and GNU B Nice board size 145cm.

Wendy - 22 January 2017 10:40 PM

Hi @rider26  , Thank you for the recommendation, what size now vetta/Conda binding would you recommend for me? my boot size seems to be on the cusp of small/medium. I have Northwave Devine Boots, size 8.5 and GNU B Nice board size 145cm.

Hey @Wendy, no worries at all!

My instinct is telling me you’d be better in the medium, however, let’s see what @amine thinks. He knows these bindings and the sizing better than anyone.

Amine, what do you think?

Hey @Wendy & @rider26 & @Kristen - many thanks for the interest in Now Bindings.

For a women’s size 8.5 boot you are definitely a small size binding, and I know this with certainty as I am currently riding in a women’s size 9 THIRTYTWO TM2 boot (...ssshhh please don’t tell anyone Im riding in a women’s boot) and it partners perfectly with my size

small

IPO’s!!!

And the best way to describe the VETTA vs CONDA differences are ;
- Vetta - the ultimate binding for comfort & cushioning, but still with great response
- Conda - this binding still maintains a very comfortable & smooth feel, but it is stiffer and thus more responsive than the Vetta (so its for the more aggressive female rider)

If you have any more questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.  THANKS AGAIN.