The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Modom Shark Leash

It’s all crossed out minds, surfing or swimming solo at a secluded break and or beach. That thought “what if” crosses our mind. Well worry no longer with this little ripper.

Modom, in conjunction with US company, Sharkbandz, have just waged war on shark attacks with their game changing new magnetic leg rope that upsets the sharks senses.

The Shakbanz tech has shown to have a very strong deterring effect on bull sharks (which is a well known surfer-attacking species).

Modom team rider Jack Freestone has nothing but good things to say about this new tech. “The Shark Leash is so simple. There’s no on/off button and no charging needed. It’s the perfect leash to use wherever I’m surfing. For me, it’s all about peace of mind when I’m surfing riskier areas. Anything that deters sharks and reduces the risk, I’m keen to use.”

This is going to give every surfer peace of mind.

Keep an eye out for a potential June drop.

That’s great, if it actually works.

Have they said anything about other species of sharks, @saltyseadog?

Nothing yet @rider26 however I can probably assure you that it won’t have much influence on a great white in full predator mode….

Hmm SharkBanz is quite interesting. I wonder if it even works hahah gulp