The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

WIN Customised Daybreak Sunglasses

Daybreak is an Australian brand from the beaches of Sydney making high quality polarised sunglasses. Their sunnies come in a huge range of colours and lens combinations. What’s more, on their website you can customise whatever frame, arms, and lenses you want.

How to enter:

Go to Daybreak’s custom sunglasses page. Create your favourite combination.

Post a screenshot into this thread and tell us why you chose this combination.

The entry with the best style and most convincing answer will win their custom design. The guys at Daybreak and Boardworld will judge. Show us what you want and tell us why!

This contest closes at midnight on New Years Eve (Sydney time). The winner will be announced early in the new year. You will start the new year with new customised sunglasses. cool grin

You can follow Daybreak:

https://www.facebook.com/thedaybreakco
https://www.instagram.com/thedaybreakco

It’s time for Grandpa to get funky!!!!!

The Widman is in desperate need of sunnies. He’s scored himself a job for the summer painting jetties down near the beach. While that in itself is a good reason to need shades on his eyes, young ladies in bikinis have taken up lying on the jetty very close to where he is painting. This is presenting a bit of a problem for him, because he is enjoying work, and the view…. but doesn’t want to be seen to stare. The sunglasses he has at present have the lens falling out, so he looks leeringly like a Painting Pirate. How do I know this is true? Because his painting partner is his grandpa. And he thinks it is very funny.
Help the lad out here.  shaka

Bright, so he sees them when he chucks them on the seat of the car and forgets they are there.  Red lens to maintain some mystique while glancing sideways wink

If Wildman wins, better send him two pairs, I think his boss needs a pair as well LOL

I have wanted a pair of these sunnies for a while now! I had no idea they could be customized! Blue is my favorite colour so I’ve gone with blue lenses and arms, black fronts to make the blue really pop! I’ve never owned polarized sunnies, and I know they really are the best. Hook a sister up and help me get away from the Oakleys I only seem to wear!

Azz - 17 December 2015 01:02 PM

If Wildman wins, better send him two pairs, I think his boss needs a pair as well LOL

You never told me that you were a professional painter?????

Lol Blizz, you stole my design! xD exactly what i was going to post.
Hmm will change em up a bit.

The blue and white matches my car, and black like the road? cool hmm

Mizu Kuma - 17 December 2015 04:23 PM
Azz - 17 December 2015 01:02 PM

You never told me that you were a professional painter?????

Not me, just this guy that looks a lot like me, just older and with more grey hair mizu

Feeling blue? Not anymore with with a new pair of rad blue and white sunnies. These would be great for those awesome blue bird days on the mountain and the polarized lenses would be great for keeping that reflective glare out from the awesome snow we get here in Fernie.

I’d also be rocking them around town so people can see what’s up and promote such an awesome brand of sunglasses.

DR1F7R - 17 December 2015 07:55 PM

Lol Blizz, you stole my design! xD exactly what i was going to post.

If either of us win we can just have joint custody raspberry LOL

I chose a white arms, with transparent front for the clean simple design that looks good without standing out too much. the blue lens provides some contrast and looks badass so I had to pick it.

These are hot!! I’d wear them outside all the time, not just to protect my eyes (ever had sunburn on your eyes? You don’t want to!) but just to look mad cool.

Probably have to wear them at night too, just so i could be 24-7 chillin cool smirk

Hey guys,

Josh here from Daybreak.

Thanks for all the amazing designs and ideas for our Boardworld x Daybreak giveaway.

Jez and I looked at all the designs and love them all, however there can only be one winner and we simply couldnt go past Tambo’s entry.

The design is super bright and eye-catching, and we’re happy that it’ll help out Wildman keep some privacy while he’s working on the jetties.

Thanks for everyone who took part and please help spread the word about Daybreak to your friends, family, and community. Our custom polarized Daybreaks are great quality,look awesome and can take a serious beating.

You can follow us on Insta and Facebook to stay up to date on all our latest news and giveaways.

Thanks again to all those who entered and the to the Boardworld community for so rad!

Peace and love,

Josh @ Daybreak

Tambo - 17 December 2015 12:59 PM

The Widman is in desperate need of sunnies. He’s scored himself a job for the summer painting jetties down near the beach. While that in itself is a good reason to need shades on his eyes, young ladies in bikinis have taken up lying on the jetty very close to where he is painting. This is presenting a bit of a problem for him, because he is enjoying work, and the view…. but doesn’t want to be seen to stare. The sunglasses he has at present have the lens falling out, so he looks leeringly like a Painting Pirate. How do I know this is true? Because his painting partner is his grandpa. And he thinks it is very funny.
Help the lad out here.  shaka

Bright, so he sees them when he chucks them on the seat of the car and forgets they are there.  Red lens to maintain some mystique while glancing sideways wink

Hey Tambo thanks for your entry, we love the design and the story behind it so congrats on being our winner.

Can you email .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and we’ll organise to ship you out these Daybreaks asap.

Josh

Thanks Josh. Congrats Tambo! shaka

that’s awesome!!!!

Thanks to Boardworld and Daybreak, the lad will be super stoked on this one!

Big family gathering last night, about 30 people from all over Australia, and the most repeated story is the “painting on the jetty” one. Grandpa was very keen to repeat the story, and I think he enjoys the work just as much as the Wildman!

shaka  grin