The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Remind Insoles Reviews

Travis Rice Approved

Having always used orthotics in my shoes and custom-made footbeds in my snowboard boots, I understand the importance of having a high quality footbed/insole in my snowboard boots. I actually feel super awkward and uncomfortable walking without orthotics in my shoes or riding without footbeds in my snowboard boots.

This past season in Whistler I decided to use the Medic in my new snowboard boots, and I was thoroughly impressed. Super comfortable, perfect arch support, impact protection (more so than any custom-made footbed), and excellent board feel. Honestly, I’m not going back to custom-made footbeds. These did the perfect job for me and they come in about one third of the price.

If you’ve never used an after-market footbed in your snowboard boots, you really should. I highly recommend that every snowboarder uses after-market footbeds in their boots. You need the arch support to protect your joints and give you better board feel; they make snowboarding more comfortable and they actually increase your performance (no joke).

I also started using the Cush in one my regular shoes so I don’t need to keep swapping my expensive orthotics between shoes. I’ve been super impressed and I now use them all the time.

Walker did a review on the Cush a while ago. If you’re interested you can read here: http://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/15084

I’ve never rocked insoles or foot beds before. That was until I fractured my left foot just from landing and impact of jumping bigger kickers.

Wasn’t able to ride anymore because of the pain…took one rest day. Stuck these in and now I’m able to jump, jibb etc without any pain.
Seriously can’t go back.

Best investment. And the guys in the shop tried to sell me inserts for $180. There’s are a quarter of the price.

Super stoked.

Quick Q: What are the differences b/t the Cush, Medic and Destin?  (Was there any other model I missed?)

I’m looking for some new orthotics for my boots…

I think I will be trying these. After riding a couple of seasons without foot beds, and having problems, I found my old ski boot foot beds and have been using those. The difference is huge, although perhaps a little rigid through the arch on my problem foot. These look the bomb.

grunge - 28 July 2015 09:58 PM

Quick Q: What are the differences b/t the Cush, Medic and Destin?  (Was there any other model I missed?)

I’m looking for some new orthotics for my boots…

Good question, grunge.

The Destin has a low arch. Features forming foam and impact foam in the heel and forefoot. Super lightweight. Thin for board feel.

The Cush features a bio mechanical arch. Medium arch support. Medical grade forming foam. Blue Magic impact foam in heel. Semi rigid arch support structure.

The Medic also has a bio mechanical arch. Medical grade forming foam. Medium to high arch support. Blue magic impact foam heel to toe. A bit more rigid arch support structure. Thicker in the forefoot then Cush and Destin. Most durable of the three.

Tambo - 29 July 2015 05:48 AM

I think I will be trying these. After riding a couple of seasons without foot beds, and having problems, I found my old ski boot foot beds and have been using those. The difference is huge, although perhaps a little rigid through the arch on my problem foot. These look the bomb.

Duuuude! Such a small price to pay for something that will change your comfort 10 fold!

Another quick Q: What’s the sizing like? On point? like… if you have size 10 boots getting the size 10’s remind will fit well…
?

grunge - 01 August 2015 11:10 AM

Another quick Q: What’s the sizing like? On point? like… if you have size 10 boots getting the size 10’s remind will fit well…
?

Yes, if anything I would say the insoles are on the bigger end of the scale. This allows you to trim them down to exactly match the factory insole you’ll be pulling out of your boots/shoes.