The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

How to stay motivated skating alone?

OH I forgot.
Post in the Skater Progression Thread. It has given me the drive to not want to leave the park until I learn something new. Post everything you learn or ask about things you want to learn.
BW skaters will cheer you on from the sidelines rocker

Hi guys, i’m new to skateboarding (almost 1 month now).

Took a private 1 hour crash course (not cheap) manage to kick & roll now.

Been skating alone in a secluded area where no one notice me if i fall or make a fool of myself.

I think the best way to improve is to skate with friends (daring each other/sharing tricks) or skate with some one better, sadly I have none into skateboard. Falling down with friends is less embarrassing than fall down alone with passerby watching.

I really need to get out of this bubble, its not healthy.

With that be said, anyone here skates at Riverslide park (near Botanical garden) and need a bud?

Jeremy - 30 August 2015 12:20 AM

Hi guys, i’m new to skateboarding (almost 1 month now).

Took a private 1 hour crash course (not cheap) manage to kick & roll now.

Been skating alone in a secluded area where no one notice me if i fall or make a fool of myself.

I think the best way to improve is to skate with friends (daring each other/sharing tricks) or skate with some one better, sadly I have none into skateboard. Falling down with friends is less embarrassing than fall down alone with passerby watching.

I really need to get out of this bubble, its not healthy.

With that be said, anyone here skates at Riverslide park (near Botanical garden) and need a bud?

I used to skate alone a lot only due to skate park being across the road, so i would have my own private sessions. You will meet people once you keep going to any park because people notice you. Taking a fall is part of skateboarding and it’s only natural to do so, if your not falling your not learning.

Thanks for the advice, will be going out more to the skate park, hopefully can meet some regular skate buds (no homo haha…)

Marana - 02 September 2015 12:45 PM

Thanks for the advice, will be going out more to the skate park, hopefully can meet some regular skate buds (no homo haha…)

hahaha really it’s a big family but some people will try to mess with you. Stand your ground and don’t let any one take your board and try and stay out of the way of people at the park. You will be fine.

I learnt a lot skating by myself in the past. No pressure.