The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Luan Oliveira wins SLS New Jersey

Stoked for him. Easily the best guy out at the moment, skates with such raw speed but still keeps it super tech. One of the most unique skaters of all time if you ask me.

In saying that… not sure if this deserved a 9.5, even though I think he deserved to win regardless. First time ever that Nyjah won’t win the majority of SLS events in a season too! Haha.

Full recap and more videos here.

He’s on game,  massive pop and execution is so nice to watch. I have been watching his small clips from Brazil and he just goes faster and higher than any one atm.

Look Nyjah is Nyjah not sure if I should love him or hate him, he’s doing his thing but I just wish he would congratulate people for winning. I seen the footage from Tampa and he was so rotten on Luan’s run. He’s so competitive it makes me ill.

This was his Instagram post last time Luan won. He can’t help but have a whinge.

For the record, Berger’s back 180 sw fs crook was a lot more stylish and he properly popped out of it. Anyone with two eyes could see that he deserved a higher score than Nyjah. I don’t think he realises that style counts.

walker - 24 August 2015 06:33 PM

This was his Instagram post last time Luan won. He can’t help but have a whinge.

For the record, Berger’s back 180 sw fs crook was a lot more stylish and he properly popped out of it. Anyone with two eyes could see that he deserved a higher score than Nyjah. I don’t think he realises that style counts.

hahaha exactly, Nyjah really needs to keep his head in. It’s a wonder no one has given him a tap on the nose for being a little brat. He’s an amazing skater but robots are just robots at the end of the day and style stands up to any combination of tricks.