The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

NSW Far North Coast

I’m off up to the NSW far north coast/SE Qld next week on a little 4 day solo surf mission. Apart from the obvious spots (Byron, Brunswick, Lennox Head etc), are there any little nooks or crannys i should i check for uncrowded bliss?

NBG you might be able to answer this one for me?? wink

There’s a few but depends how far up ur gunna be. Some of the obvious ones would be south wall Ballina and illuka as well as around Evans head and Broadwater. It’s funny up there, a few years ago I had the entire boulder beach to myself and the very next beach had literally hundreds of people and this was Xmas holidays as well.

NBG - 17 July 2015 08:33 PM

There’s a few but depends how far up ur gunna be. Some of the obvious ones would be south wall Ballina and illuka as well as around Evans head and Broadwater. It’s funny up there, a few years ago I had the entire boulder beach to myself and the very next beach had literally hundreds of people and this was Xmas holidays as well.

Thanks Mike. I might pop down to Evens Head. Haven’t been there for a long time!! Hopefully there’s some swell up that way next weekend!

howd the trip go? I coulda tipped you into some spots, I grew up on the north coast and lived in evans for a while as well as Ballina.