The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The must have(s) and do(s) for your shredd session?

I’m interested to see what the absolute *must have* items or *must do* rituals for your shred sessions?

Is it your fav pair of something(s)? Is it a skin routine? Playlist? Morning eating ritual?

Us as females are pretty special (I like to think so) and I would love to hear what you must haves/do’s are?

My must have items:—> Mittens instead of gloves.
                        —> Headphones - without music I cannot shred.
                          —> Healthy snacks in my pockets = I don’t stop for lunch & mountain food sucks!
                          —> BackStrap facey - can’t have sun damage or wind burn on the pretty face now!

Must do’s:—> Hot shower in the morning followed by at least 20 minutes of stretching & yoga.
I can’t move my ankles or injured parts if I don’t stretch. Minimises my injuries by 1000.
            —> Eat a good hearty protein and nutrient rich breakfast - who knows when I will eat again!

I’m a pretty simple creature, roll out of bed, maybe eat something if I have time/can be bothered, get dressed, go.

My only must have items are sunscreen (I burn easy) and hair ties <—- most important thing in the world! I CANNOT stand hair in my face/mouth/eyes when I’m snowboarding (somehow my hair even manages to get in my goggles!!).  Add that to my must do list actually - thoroughly restrain hair!

Must have:
<ul><li>my stackhat! I will not ride without a helmet. I just don’t feel comfortable</li>
<li>a necktube, balaclava of some sort</li>
<li>a sugar fix in my pocket, lollies or chocolates</li>
<li>my phone, for music and to find people!</li></ul>

Must do:
<ul><li>Tape my knee!</li></ul>

air180 - 19 June 2015 12:59 PM

I’m a pretty simple creature, roll out of bed, maybe eat something if I have time/can be bothered, get dressed, go.

My only must have items are sunscreen (I burn easy) and hair ties <—- most important thing in the world! I CANNOT stand hair in my face/mouth/eyes when I’m snowboarding (somehow my hair even manages to get in my goggles!!).  Add that to my must do list actually - thoroughly restrain hair!

This is a thousand times me!!

Ahhhh I love having short hair LOL but in saying that the back of my noggin gets pretty cold!

Nice thread!

Ok so I’m pretty similar to Stella!

Must haves:
- facemask at ALL times.. ( keeps wind and sun off, and keeps me warm on the chairs

- sunscreen.. I burn like crazy!!

- lip balm.. Chapped/dry/peeling lips suck..

- music.. I find I’m more relaxed and ride better with music on..  Also its means I provide entertainment with sing alongs and random bursts of dance while not riding..(on lifts/in the line / waiting for people etc) lol!

- snacks..  Usually a few jelly snakes for energy and muesli bars

- water. I have a camelbak hydration pack which is awesome!

- swisse facial argan oil, this stuff is the bomb! It has saved my face countless times!!

Must dos:

- hot shower of a morning to relax my muscles!

-decent breakfast (usually bacon and eggs. Or an omlette or oats) - a hangry h0z is not fun!! Lol

- yoga - this has helped not only my bad knees but I’m no where near as sore the next day - and its relaxing too!

- strapping!  Both knees (my right one gets the the elastic compression bandage and a support brace over the top) my wrist also gets strapped,

Lip balm! Yes! Big must have!

h0z - 20 June 2015 05:59 AM

Nice thread!

Ok so I’m pretty similar to Stella!

Must haves:
- facemask at ALL times.. ( keeps wind and sun off, and keeps me warm on the chairs

- sunscreen.. I burn like crazy!!

- lip balm.. Chapped/dry/peeling lips suck..

- music.. I find I’m more relaxed and ride better with music on..  Also its means I provide entertainment with sing alongs and random bursts of dance while not riding..(on lifts/in the line / waiting for people etc) lol!

- snacks..  Usually a few jelly snakes for energy and muesli bars

- water. I have a camelbak hydration pack which is awesome!

- swisse facial argan oil, this stuff is the bomb! It has saved my face countless times!!

Must dos:

- hot shower of a morning to relax my muscles!

-decent breakfast (usually bacon and eggs. Or an omlette or oats) - a hangry h0z is not fun!! Lol

- yoga - this has helped not only my bad knees but I’m no where near as sore the next day - and its relaxing too!

- strapping!  Both knees (my right one gets the the elastic compression bandage and a support brace over the top) my wrist also gets strapped,

h0z I think we are the same human - only I am vego!

I didn’t lip balm this time and my lips are completely split! Argh!
Coconut oil on my face for the next week that’s for sure!

I need to get one of these steel reinforced braces - how and where?!!! *knee*.

Awesome thread and some really good tips for someone just starting out *writes list down*

Can’t wait to get out on the weekend and try all my new gear, bring on lifty lyf haha

Stellvadore - 23 June 2015 09:07 AM

I need to get one of these steel reinforced braces - how and where?!!! *knee*.

I borrowed one from JustGiver last season for a day at the shred, it was a god send for my bad knee. I stupidly forget the brand, maybe she or Jez can help you out on that one?

mine is like the wetsuit/thick breathable stuff with Velcro each side that wraps around your knee.. and had these flat spring/coils up each side.. not as strong as a full brace. but with the compression bandage under it does the trick..  i can show you this weekend if you want?

This is what I have.

I will eventually look at something more like a brace.. But this has done me well for all last season.

I’ve been wanting to get one from Shock Doctor. Problem is they of course overcharge for it in Australia :/

https://www.shockdoctor.com/ultra-knee-support-with-bilateral-hinges

I rode with a friends knee brace today and it is so damn good. It set him back about $1000 and stops him from not having to have a reco… Well he still needs to but can ride and send it hard…

Few boys have made a couple of suggestions about getting knee pad for my bad knee like the BMX riders… They too are hella expensive though! All seems so overpriced.. SHould have looked into all of this in Japan..

H0Z how is the knee now?