The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Employment in Whistler Blackcomb

I first went to Whistler during 2014/15 and fell in love with it, so much so I am leaving my job and am strongly looking to go and work there for winter.

The thing is I want to get over there during the summer aka. ASAP. To start work and hopefully secure a job for winter.

I know someone who is renting a house from WB with 3 other people at the moment and has said ‘you should just come over asap, I know heaps of people who came without a job during the 14/15 winter season and got one when they arrived. You can stay with me until you get it sorted. It’s really easy to get a job here at the moment’.

So I am wondering if anyone here has anything to do with employment in WB because I am super keen to get over, and I know its a massive risk to go over without a job already lined up although I am pointing myself in that direction. If there is someone there who knows or has a second opinion on how easy it is to get a job, so I have more of an idea before I just fly over please post below.

Any questions please ask!

As per my post in the other thread, just go.

If you’ve got a place to stay and a bit of money in the bank, you’ll be fine.

And if you can secure a job there in Summer and work hard (convince the boss you’re good enough to keep for the winter) then you’ll have a much easier time staying for the season.

Ahhh thank you for the replies on both threads. I think Ill go over and risk it without a job lined up. I’m sure WB has at least one job I could get. I really think it would be better to go earlier to secure working accommodation for the winter too.

Coming late to the party with info but WB was really short on staff for food and beverage at the end of last month. Lifties were also in short supply but they have more or less remedied the situation there. Best suggestion is to keep an eye on their job page.

Rumour had it that they were contacting people who had signed up for the winter 2015/16 and seeing if they were willing to come out early and work this summer..

The hardest thing about Whistler is finding a place to stay, and if you have an opportunity to stay with friends and have some time to get everything sorted, I’d say grab the opportunity and head over. You’re getting there early enough and should have ample time to get a job and get sorted for the winter. Life is all about taking the right risks, right? Make sure you stick around on the forums because we will have some Boardworld member dinner/drinks and shred days as soon as the season starts. Hope to see you over there!

rider26 - 17 July 2015 06:31 PM

The hardest thing about Whistler is finding a place to stay, and if you have an opportunity to stay with friends and have some time to get everything sorted, I’d say grab the opportunity and head over. You’re getting there early enough and should have ample time to get a job and get sorted for the winter. Life is all about taking the right risks, right? Make sure you stick around on the forums because we will have some Boardworld member dinner/drinks and shred days as soon as the season starts. Hope to see you over there!

So your saying I SHOULD almost have no trouble finding a job? Just to risk it and head over? I hear lots of people do that and I am all about winging things I do in life, but it is a big thing to just wing.

It’s up to you at the end of the day. I can’t guarantee you a job, but from my experience, if you take the right steps, you should have no problem landing a job. This is provided you can get to the job fair, secure an interview, have a valid work visa, have all your documents in order etc. Play your cards right and you shouldn’t have a problem. And, there’s always options once you get over there.

Or… like I’ve said plenty of times, go to Whistler early and try for a job while staying in the hostel. If you can’t get a job, go to one of the other 20 mountains around. Most of them are short staffed in all of the non-super popular jobs (Lifty, Bartender, Waiter) and you should find a job pretty easily. I know your heart is pretty set on Whistler but from everything I’ve seen, even the smaller mountains are still great fun!

Hell if I don’t get the job I want, I think I’m just going to wing it and work it out when I get there!

Ahah, I had a similar story, but it ended much worse. It was two years ago. I met one awesome girl and did everything for her. I had my own business and I decided to leave my business and go to live with her in Ukraine. It was the stupidest decision in my life because we soon parted ways and I was left without money. Soon I decided to return everything I had and started a new business. I had absolutely no idea where to find partners, but in the end I stumbled upon a linked in. There I found a lot of cool offers and I started to develop my profile. I used a special service to get likes and subscribers  and soon my profile became relatively popular. It helped me find new partners and get my life back.

clarkchristoph - 28 July 2020 03:57 AM

Ahah, I had a similar story, but it ended much worse. It was two years ago. I met one awesome girl and did everything for her. I had my own business and I decided to leave my business and go to live with her in Ukraine. It was the stupidest decision in my life because we soon parted ways and I was left without money. Soon I decided to return everything I had and started a new business. I had absolutely no idea where to find partners, but in the end I stumbled upon a linked in. There I found a lot of cool offers and I started to develop my profile. I used a special service to get likes and subscribers  and soon my profile became relatively popular. It helped me find new partners and get my life back.

Could you tell me some more information about it? Let’s talk in PM