The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Le Bent Reviews

I spent the past season in Whistler testing the Le Bent balaclava and snowboard socks. I feel I should give some feedback about these two products as they really are fantastic.

Firstly, Le Bent’s bamboo x merino blended material is ridiculously soft and comfortable — you really need to feel it on your skin to know exactly just how soft it is. The quality of the material is a standout feature for me. Comfortable, highly breathable, durable, lightweight, and warm! You can read more about the material here.

The balaclava is just a great shred accessory. I feel everyone should have one in their kit. The balaclava is perfect for wearing under a helmet, which is what I did all season. It’s so thin that it’s absolutely seamless under a helmet. It’s loose-ish around the neck and mouth, so it’s not like other facemasks that hug your face tightly. You can easily pull it down, have a chat, eat food etc. It lets your neck breathe more too. I found the balaclava was perfect for colder, crisp days as the merino provides quite a bit of warmth — even though it’s super thin.

I’ve tried a ridiculous amount of different snowboard socks over the years, and my verdict is the Le Bent snowboard socks are the best I’ve ever used. I can stand behind that statement. I only had two pairs of Le Bent socks but I got excited each time they worked their way back into the rotation. I will definitely be getting a few more for next season.

I’m super keen to try the first layer top and bottoms. After using the balaclava and socks all season, I have no doubt these would be a winner as well.

Based on the review above I bought a pair of these for my first snowboard experience. They were awesome. Kept my feet nice and warm and didn’t rub or cause pressure spots.

Stoked you finally went snowboarding, Leevi. There’s no turning back now! punch

Product Review - Socks

I’m a firm believer that snowboard boots are one of, if not the most important item of ‘kit’ that you can get. However, recent experience has changed to include socks with the right boot - let me explain why. Ive had socks of all different big name brands that are either too loose, aren’t warm, easily turned into a sponge or that are too slippery against the boot liner. As you will all know, none of the things you want from a snowboard sock. That is, until I purchased a pair of Le Definitive Light Socks. They are the first sock that has given me all-round performance and everything I could want from a snowboarding sock. I am still yet to fill my sock drawer with Le Bent but Ill definitely be adding to my 2 pair collection next season.

The socks themselves are snug fitting bamboo and merino wool blend. Not sure on the science here but this blend delivers a LIGHT, WARM, DRY and ultimately a supremely COMFORTABLE sock. I have not encountered any of the above mentioned issues with these socks. In fact, quite the opposite, I have not noticed them at all because they are consistently performing! These socks are suitable for any boarder and if you haven’t already given them a try I implore you to do so.

Purpose: 10/10

Comfort: 10/10

Quality: 10/10

Overall: 10/10

I would 11/10 recommend this product, it is unreal. If anyone has any questions, please ask away.

Spot on, mate. Best snowboarding socks I’ve ever used.

I’m super keen to test the top and bottom layers this season.

tracvks - 10 October 2015 04:35 PM

Product Review - Socks

I’m a firm believer that snowboard boots are one of, if not the most important item of ‘kit’ that you can get. However, recent experience has changed to include socks with the right boot - let me explain why. Ive had socks of all different big name brands that are either too loose, aren’t warm, easily turned into a sponge or that are too slippery against the boot liner. As you will all know, none of the things you want from a snowboard sock. That is, until I purchased a pair of Le Definitive Light Socks. They are the first sock that has given me all-round performance and everything I could want from a snowboarding sock. I am still yet to fill my sock drawer with Le Bent but Ill definitely be adding to my 2 pair collection next season.

The socks themselves are snug fitting bamboo and merino wool blend. Not sure on the science here but this blend delivers a LIGHT, WARM, DRY and ultimately a supremely COMFORTABLE sock. I have not encountered any of the above mentioned issues with these socks. In fact, quite the opposite, I have not noticed them at all because they are consistently performing! These socks are suitable for any boarder and if you haven’t already given them a try I implore you to do so.

Purpose: 10/10

Comfort: 10/10

Quality: 10/10

Overall: 10/10

I would 11/10 recommend this product, it is unreal. If anyone has any questions, please ask away.

hows the sizing on le bent socks?
i have a 9.5 size foot on the brannock and wear a size 9 burton ruler wide.
contemplating on a M or a L.
do you think medium would be too small for me? i feel a large might be too big as the sizing chart says its up to 11.5

@wkd_, I would go for the medium for sure. I’m the same size as you and the medium is perfect. I think it’s always better to get a snugger fit with socks if possible.

Welcome to BW! shaka

At le bent we believe good times in the great outdoors is nature’s gift for everyone to enjoy, nothing needs to get in the way of this. By making our beautifully designed gear super comfortable, everyone can enjoy the outdoors whatever nature decides to throw at you. Focused on comfort and performance, we provide unique “first on skin” socks, base layers and accessories for snow sports, trail running and hiking. These all combine the performance of merino wool with the softness of rayon from bamboo delivering 100% itch free, irritation free, all day comfort. Feel the difference. 8 Ball Pool Google Hangouts Omegle