The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Kelly Slater Is Making A Documentary About The Marijuana Trade!

No your eyes didn’t deceive you, the 11 time World Champ has bought the rights to making a doco about the ganja trade in the 60’s 70’s and 80’s.  The above photo was posted on Kelly’s instagram account last week, so you know it’s legit.

Kelly wrote the following.. “So…. I recently optioned my old friend Peter Maguire’s book, ‘Thai Stick’ for film and tv rights. We have begun work on a documentry film and several parties are interested in making an episodic tv series about it.  This is a history they certainly don’t teach you in school but an important and significant cultural phenomenon that occurred mostly undocumented.  It took the professional and historian and former smuggler 15 years to complete and it is based on thousands of hours of interview.  They document everything you didn’t know about pot smuggling from the late 60’s thru early 80’s diving into every aspect of the game from personal to political.  Even Timothy Leary and Richard Nixon make cameos.  As an innocent kid growing up in Florida I knew nothing about this stuff but heard lots of stories about the surfing/smuggling connections related to people I knew. I was always intrigued hearing about the guys I considered to be #RealLifePirates. A lot of what I know now comes from the pages in this book and corroborates things I heard as a kid. With the current atmosphere around #MarijuanaLegalization and the connected topics, it seems timely to bring this thing to life. This in no way condones drug use or dealing of any sort. But it does bring into question inconsistencies around drug laws and philosophical questions about personal choice and outlawing nature.”

Kelly’s crew have already started production. Who knows when it’ll be released, but keep ya peepers peeled for it.

#legaliseit

Sounds really interesting and I will definitely watch it when it comes out. thumbsup

I found it and watched it and it was pretty interesting from the current perspective. We have marijuana legalized, but it’s still a controversial topic. First I read articles about how well it helps sick people. Then I read something like this https://addictionresource.com/drugs/marijuana/ and stop being so optimistic.

The CBD products are used not only addicts. A lot of such products are using in medical cases. As an example, I had a lot of problems with insomnia and depression. My doctor prescribed my to use AI hemp flowers . Since as I understood such products are prescribed in case to reduce pain and as in my case insomnia and depression. The main thing is to use qualitative products. When I started to use it I saw a lot of shops, but some of them had very high price or bad quality. Than I found a great shop that has even instructions how to use each and every product that they are selling

Has the documentary actually been released guys?