The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Surf training

I started using Joel Parkinsons Pro Surf Training App (http://www.prosurftraining.com/) about 8 weeks ago and yes. it’s all its hyped up to be. The app has been out for sometime but its taken me this long to get my butt into gear!! Haha!

My surfing has become much more explosive and i’m able to surf for longer and paddle harder than ever before!! Truly amazing!

Joel, in conjunction with Wes Berg (Nutri Grain Iron Man) developed this app a while back to show you the gruelling routines that Joel went through to win the 2012 world title.

You can follow Parko through the world tour and each tour stop to see all the specific routines he goes through in order to prep for a certain break.

Ive developed my own workout routine from this with all my favourite exercises along with some cardio thrown in there for good measure. I combine this with lap swimming and and little bit of distance running. It’s amazing, I’ve changed up my diet and have never felt more powerful and been able to surf for longer.

Does anyone else use this app or have any other surf training routines they like to use??

I’d be interested to hear your surfing training routines!

Stay healthy, stay stoked! Yeeeww!!

That’s awesome. Well done, mate.

Will have to check it out.

Might have a look at that surferguy!  Been doing my own circuit style training for a while now especially pre US snow trip as I wanted to be in good nick for it.  To be honest the best thing I have found for my surfing and boarding for that matter is being lighter than I was.  I was sitting around 96kgs prior to the US and then when I came back was actually just above 90kgs.  I think I’m back around 95kgs now but that seems to be a fairly good weight for me.

I try to do the circuit 3-4 times a week, its’ basically as non stop as you can handle for about 30mins for the whole body.  I always finish soaked in sweat and pretty rooted. 

In addition to that I was running in the morning 3-5kms 3-4 times a week but haven’t been running as much since I got back from the US.

NBG - 27 April 2015 02:49 PM

Might have a look at that surferguy!  Been doing my own circuit style training for a while now especially pre US snow trip as I wanted to be in good nick for it.  To be honest the best thing I have found for my surfing and boarding for that matter is being lighter than I was.  I was sitting around 96kgs prior to the US and then when I came back was actually just above 90kgs.  I think I’m back around 95kgs now but that seems to be a fairly good weight for me.

I try to do the circuit 3-4 times a week, its’ basically as non stop as you can handle for about 30mins for the whole body.  I always finish soaked in sweat and pretty rooted. 

In addition to that I was running in the morning 3-5kms 3-4 times a week but haven’t been running as much since I got back from the US.

Awesome to hear man! I’ve been looking at getting into the more cross fit side of things, but my work schedule just doesn’t fit in with any classes id like to do.

Check out parko’s app for sure, its a great insight as to any world tour surfers training regime!

Stoked to hear your training hard though! Keep it up!