The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Riding Fast

grunge - 06 February 2015 08:11 AM

@DR1F7R: Did you get 200 on your Hyo?? If so man you must have been pushin’ it! Dunno if I got that far on my old 250, the speedo only goes up to 160, and if I had to hazard a guess I did push it for about 20 secs so maybe 180 I got to.
Did 203 on the zx10r tho’, scary but awesome. When I rolled off the throttle I remember it just dropping from 203 to 190 pretty much straight away.

Yeah on the Hyo, It takes a little longer to get up, as the restrictor is basically a half throttle, not a speed or rev cut off.
But it’ll still get up there eventually.
Body is almost identical to the 250, the red one in the pic is a 250.

The engine is the v-twin from a suzuki something… Hyo just put their own fairings and crap on, to keep cost down.
I have always referred to it as the hyundai of the bike world…

Not that i have anything against Hyundai… I did a rally course a while back, and the people before me destroyed the two Evos, and one of the WRXs… so they brought out their comp car… which just happened to be this ridiculous little excel that ate the WRX for lunch. Was actually so much fun to drive. The thing was a rocket.

^ haha yeah.. how strange is that, like, I feel like these day Hyundai has cemented their name as “not another korean car.” if you know what I mean.

Look at the Hyundai Genesis coupe or even the Veloster.
A pity it’s not available here. (The coupe that is.)

Altho’ I do have a penchant for muscles cars, and I saw a post the other day about the new Dodge Challenger Hellcat. Comes with 2 keys one that unlocks 500HP, and the other that unlocks the full 707HP.

Although in my head I do want a classic muscle car, like an older challenger, impala with big block engine, or even a mustang.

Not a fan off muscle, I’m all about JSpec :p
Haha.

I do like stingrays though.

Pretty sure the hellcat was a pic a mate posted up the other day on fb. Saw it O/S on his travels.

The main problem with the Hyo’s is that they are more exxy to service / parts and a lot of people say they ride a lot stiffer. Otherwise, for the price they aren’t bad.

My biggest gripe with them is the headlights. I just really don’t like em.

I’ve been 200 on my CBR600 and those last few km/h take forever and you let go of the throttle and it drops like crazy down to 150ish hahaha.

TJswish - 07 February 2015 10:14 PM

The main problem with the Hyo’s is that they are more exxy to service / parts and a lot of people say they ride a lot stiffer. Otherwise, for the price they aren’t bad.

really TJ? My services were cheaper than my friend with a gsxr… but i will say that i’ve heard a lot about the reliability issues. wiring and such wasn’t great but i didn’t have any issue. good for a learner bike but was’t gonna keep it forever thats for sure. love my triumph though..