The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Low Guidos Skate-a-tron 4000 (electric skateboard)

as promised!

The 4000, 4001, and future 2wd 4002.

With the wider trucks we think we can put two motors on the rear.

That’s awesome, LG. Thanks for taking the time to make the video!

My Pleasure Rider.
no it really was! I had heaps of fun. there was a few tree branches and chicken bones (lulwot?) that I had to avoid but the board handles them alright.

I actually really like the footage right at the end where I cruise past, it looks like im Riding a skateboard. and thats important to me, because I dont want to appear to be riding a monster truck, or a science experiment.

as you can see from Dr1f7er’s photo Im already working on the next one… and the next one wink

since getting the new speed controller and re organizing the layout a bit I hadn’t got around to making a new carbon fibre container. so today I got around to it.

in a brief moment of insanity this afternoon I decided it would be a good idea to try and pop-shovit a Skate-A-Tron and it *almost* worked. the flow on effect of this resulted in what can only be described as the birth of the Skate-A-Tron 4001 Street edition!

Pictures to follow soon!

Dude, that looks sick! What’s the current cost of setting it all up? Looks like something that would be awesome to just cruise on.

It’s a little bit rough, with most gear taped on but I am so stoked with this arrangement. I have never been a longboarder as such, and used the longboard because of benefits like larger wheels and more room to fit electronics etc. but the short board with the cruiser wheels and the motor combines the best of everything, the maneuverability with the street deck is out of this world!
I love it!

TJswish - 05 January 2015 08:00 PM

Dude, that looks sick! What’s the current cost of setting it all up? Looks like something that would be awesome to just cruise on.

the cost is at $400ish, thats including the cost of failure raspberry but considering some comparable items sell for around $1000-$1500 its well worth DIY in my opinion

Add about 150 for a propper deck, not the $30 Kmart boards we used.
That includes a 2nd motor, and ESC. For the 2wd version were building atm.
I got the rincon on special for $60.

If I was to do it though I’d use one of my 2 decent decks I already have raspberry

If you are like me you will probably have 100 spare decks lying around anyway.

Nah, Snowboards yeah but I’m a bad skater… I got 1 cruiser and 1 street board.

TJswish - 05 January 2015 09:47 PM

Nah, Snowboards yeah but I’m a bad skater… I got 1 cruiser and 1 street board.

Cant be much worse than me. wink
Prior to these, i had stepped on a skate board maybe a dozen times.

If you do, use the cruiser, the bigger wheels and better stability are a god send when your starting out.
Well the bogger wheels are pretty much a must.

Skate-a-tron 4001: Street.