The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Welcome - Let’s start with an introduction…

Oh and Grunge mrs as well!

(Sorry michelle and Jac for forgetting about you guys!!)

Hi Lulu, welcome to the forums. I am Jeremy’ wife, he suggested I get myself back onto the forums!

I look forward to meeting you in Whistler and going for a shred.  shred

Sweet!

Hopefully there are a few of us, then! I don’t really have many shred buddies here this season. Everyone has kinda left, since we visited last time. So, it will be good to make some new friends to ride with.

Are you around just for the season, or ongoing?

Also, my name is Laura but most people just call me ‘Lu’. It’s a nickname I’ve had since I was a toddler wink

See you round!

There are quite a few female boarders in whistler as well as skiers I ride with. I am mainly a skier but I also want to get on my board more, since Jeremy has just bought me some new snowboard boots.

We will be in Vancouver/Whistler for the next coming years. Time for a lifestyle change from Bondi!

Just Giver - 21 November 2014 07:07 AM

There are quite a few female boarders in whistler as well as skiers I ride with. I am mainly a skier but I also want to get on my board more, since Jeremy has just bought me some new snowboard boots.

We will be in Vancouver/Whistler for the next coming years. Time for a lifestyle change from Bondi!

Yeah, I feel you! We’ve only moved from Canberra, but it’s a great lifestyle change. We’ll be here for about 4 years, but might also get our visa’s sponsored through the company I work for.
I’m really glad to be out of the corporate world, but the difference in salary is a little to get used to, for sure! But, overall I’d say being here is living my dream grin

I’m looking at getting my CASI Level 2 snowboard cert in January actually, and then perhaps aiming for Level 3 and also Freestyle. I spoke with the CASI coordinator last week and he said an APSI 1 usually puts people in good stead to get their CASI 2 pretty easy.

I don’t really care if people ski or board - as long as you’re a good sort wink

Will you guys be here next week at all? Right now, my weekend is Monday/Tuesday. I’m avoiding having my days off on the weekend, like the plague. Once we get under way for the season completely, I’ll be able to ride 2 full days and 3 half days a week, plus hopefully some backyard night jibbing at home!

ozgirl - 20 November 2014 09:50 PM

Yeah, This.

I’ll be there from dec 9th on, and I think the mrs is cool with a grrls shred, so just let us know.
As she works at the Fairmont, she can work very odd hours, but you know what the good news is? Cheaper drinks fude @ the bar after shredding. (Don’t tell her I told you gaiz!! LOL!)

Boy out!

grunge - 21 November 2014 08:44 AM
ozgirl - 20 November 2014 09:50 PM

Yeah, This.

I’ll be there from dec 9th on, and I think the mrs is cool with a grrls shred, so just let us know.
As she works at the Fairmont, she can work very odd hours, but you know what the good news is? Cheaper drinks fude @ the bar after shredding. (Don’t tell her I told you gaiz!! LOL!)

Boy out!

Awesome, more the merrier. I have a couple of friends here, but it’s good to have a little crew. I understand the ‘odd hours’. I’ll be working full time in my job, but will be in the office either Wed-Sun or Thurs-Mon. 2 days I’ll be working 7am-3pm and three days will be 1pm to 7:30pm. Everywhere in Whistler has odd hours!

lulu_in_canada - 21 November 2014 07:14 AM
Just Giver - 21 November 2014 07:07 AM

Yeah, I feel you! We’ve only moved from Canberra, but it’s a great lifestyle change. We’ll be here for about 4 years, but might also get our visa’s sponsored through the company I work for.
I’m really glad to be out of the corporate world, but the difference in salary is a little to get used to, for sure! But, overall I’d say being here is living my dream grin

I’m looking at getting my CASI Level 2 snowboard cert in January actually, and then perhaps aiming for Level 3 and also Freestyle. I spoke with the CASI coordinator last week and he said an APSI 1 usually puts people in good stead to get their CASI 2 pretty easy.

I don’t really care if people ski or board - as long as you’re a good sort wink

Will you guys be here next week at all? Right now, my weekend is Monday/Tuesday. I’m avoiding having my days off on the weekend, like the plague. Once we get under way for the season completely, I’ll be able to ride 2 full days and 3 half days a week, plus hopefully some backyard night jibbing at home!

We only know we will be up this weekend. We don’t really have a place to stay during the week and I haven’t gotten my pass yet and won’t be able to until the following week.

Come January I will be working Sunday and having Monday off to ride. Not sure yet about any other days, it all depends on my job in the city. But we will see you this weekend hopefully.

Oh no! I think I’ll miss you guys. I’m in Squamish tomorrow and then Vancouver Saturday. Then working all day Sunday. We’re like ships in the night…

Hopefully next week, then!

Welcome to BW Lulu! smile
I’m jealous of all you lovely ladies in Whis!

Not long though, and we’ll have some BW chicks in Japow too! We should organise a catch up? LMB, Ashtix, who else? Xxx

Billy - 21 November 2014 10:07 PM

Not long though, and we’ll have some BW chicks in Japow too! We should organise a catch up? LMB, Ashtix, who else? Xxx

Japan is awesome! I’m half toying with the idea of going back there for a shred next winter. I have to be in Aus for my sisters wedding in March, so was thinking about doing a few days riding in Japow before hand. Is it a yearly thing for you, Billy?

I will most likely be in Niseko, Early march with LMB next year.
Who am I kidding… by tickets with frequent flyer points as soon as the seats open up!!!

ozgirl - 24 November 2014 09:49 AM

I will most likely be in Niseko, Early march with LMB next year.
Who am I kidding… by tickets with frequent flyer points as soon as the seats open up!!!

I think ya mean next SEASON!  tongue rolleye
I’ll be there next ‘year’ in March - you can join me if you want.  But tix are selling fast! wink

Meet ups sound great.
I’m in.

Looking at Colorado Jan 2016 - something different for us.

Doh!

Anyone would think it was this march with all the planning going on! LOL

lulu_in_canada - 24 November 2014 08:00 AM
Billy - 21 November 2014 10:07 PM

Japan is awesome! I’m half toying with the idea of going back there for a shred next winter. I have to be in Aus for my sisters wedding in March, so was thinking about doing a few days riding in Japow before hand. Is it a yearly thing for you, Billy?

Yeah you can say that!! Love japow! smile shred

Sounds good LMB! shaka - we should add each other on facey. 3 weeks of work left, yahooooo