The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Welcome - Let’s start with an introduction…

Welcome to BW ladies!! Xxx

Get to the ride day if ya can! smile

Stellvadore - 23 July 2014 08:07 AM
cmlaw - 22 July 2014 05:53 PM

Hey everyone! I’ve been cruising around on Boardworld for quite sometime now, finally made an account.

I’ve just finished up 2 years in Whistler BC, currently living south of Sydney on a working holiday visa. Looking to make a couple trips out to Thredbo, Perisher or Hotham at some point.

Just saying hi! smile

Hello!! Come ride with me at Hotham or Falls!!

Come up to Perisher on the 22nd or Thredbo 23/24th!

...and yeah, I’ll ride hotham or falls too! wink shred

LMB - 06 August 2014 04:35 PM

Hi girls,
Just signed up.
I’m Michelle.

Where do you live? I live in Perth.

Do you snowboard, skate, and/or surf?
Snowboard 8 years (started at 37!) and seriously addicted.
Bought skis last year in an attempt to go Bi but keep defaulting to the board…walking in ski boots sucks!

What is your “home” mountain/beach/skate park?
In Aus, Thredbo.
NH, Niseko.
But I love to explore new places…it’s a long bucket list and I’ve got less years left than most/all of you to tick them off.

What made you join Boardworld?
Recommended by Jeremy.  Been a Member of a few other ski forums for a while.  Had no idea a group of boarder gals was hiding out here!  I’m keen on equipment discussion and I am constantly on the look out for new board buddy’s - nothing like ripping it with great crew. smile

Tell us something interesting about yourself:
Dunno about interesting…
I’m Mum to 4 boys and a ring-in. (23 to almost 15) and they all shred!  I go alright but I’ll be damned if I can catch any of them.  In between parenting duties hubby and I chase snow as hard as we can, often having to tag team it so someone is around for the boys.

* and share a photo too!
Couple of weeks ago in NZ - Black Peak.  Loving life.

Welcome to Boardworld, Michelle! shaka

LMB - 06 August 2014 04:35 PM

Hi girls,
Just signed up.
I’m Michelle.

Where do you live? I live in Perth.

Snowboard 8 years (started at 37!) and seriously addicted.
Bought skis last year in an attempt to go Bi but keep defaulting to the board…walking in ski boots sucks!

In Aus, Thredbo.
NH, Niseko.
But I love to explore new places…it’s a long bucket list and I’ve got less years left than most/all of you to tick them off.

Recommended by Jeremy.  Been a Member of a few other ski forums for a while.  Had no idea a group of boarder gals was hiding out here!  I’m keen on equipment discussion and I am constantly on the look out for new board buddy’s - nothing like ripping it with great crew. smile

Dunno about interesting…
I’m Mum to 4 boys and a ring-in. (23 to almost 15) and they all shred!  I go alright but I’ll be damned if I can catch any of them.  In between parenting duties hubby and I chase snow as hard as we can, often having to tag team it so someone is around for the boys.

* and share a photo too!
Couple of weeks ago in NZ - Black Peak.  Loving life.

Hey there lady shredder!! Welcome to the Land of boards!!

Muchas gracias Stellvadore!
It is a magical place…
A very good fit for me from what I’ve found so far.  See…I always knew boarders were just extra awesome!  shaka

LMB - 16 September 2014 09:21 AM

Muchas gracias Stellvadore!
It is a magical place…
A very good fit for me from what I’ve found so far.  See…I always knew boarders were just extra awesome!  shaka

smile The world of the gnar gnar is a wonderful one!! And this site is rad for sharing the love of the gnar.

Hiya! And welcome aboard the Boardworld express.  shred

Where do you live?
Currently living in Whistler. Originally from Victoria (right near Falls/Hotham), but spent the last few years in Canberra.

I mainly snowboard, but also really like longboarding. I got into skating a mini ramp back when I was in Aus, but I’m not much of a freestyle skater right now! I’ve tried surfing a couple of times, managed to stand up, but didn’t really get into it. I didn’t grow up anywhere around a beach, so I have no ‘water’ sense…it doesn’t come naturally to me!

I consider a few mountains to be my ‘homes’! So, I grew up riding Falls Creek mainly, but actually got married at Mt Hotham (went riding the morning of the wedding, which was cool). After spending the last few years in Canberra, Perisher really became my home mountain and I’ve even had the opportunity to do a fair bit of back country touring/split boarding across the Kosciuszko range.

Now I’m living in Whistler, it will be my home mountain for a while!

My husband has recently connected with Jeremy here and they suggested I sign up. I’m always keen to chat with people about riding and the mountains in general. It’s something I’m pretty passionate about!

I’ve been riding for around 10 years now, but really only seriously for the last 6 or so, where I was able to ride 40+ days a season. I’m an APSI level 1 instructor, but will be looking to get my CASI level 2 in Canada this year.
I’ve been lucky enough to snowboard in a lot of places including all resorts in Aus, a lot of the major ones in NZ, and also Japan, US and Canada.
With my current job at Whistler Alpine Guides, I’m really looking forward to advancing my knowledge of the backcountry and mountains in general. This season, I’m looking to complete both my Avalanche Skills Training 1 & 2 certification, as well as crevasse rescue/glacier travel. I ride mostly all mountain freestyle/park, but I’m really keen to develop my big mountain/powder/tree riding skills, so a lot of splitboarding will be going down I think!

In addition to that, I’m a bit of a gear junkie/addict. I own way more boards and gear than any sane person should admit to. So, if you’re in the same boat, perhaps we should start an ‘snowboard gear addicts anonymous’ or something…

Backcountry chutes in Aus

Kirkwood, California

Rock drops in Aus (some of you who know Perisher well, might recognise this spot wink )

My current board collection in Whistler (I also have 3 back in Aus)

Skateboarding!

Hi Lulu!

Welcome shaka

ozgirl - 20 November 2014 11:41 AM

Hi Lulu!

Welcome shaka

Thanks for the welcome!

Are any other ladies here going to be in Whistler/Canada/North America throughout the northern hemisphere at all? I’m always stoked to meet more riders of the female variety to head our for shreds!

Wilimshurst wife is in Whistler but she doesn’t post here. Maybe PM him or get Jez to pass on contact details.

Jack_pot potato is a girl i think? (hahaha - sorry if i am worng!)

Both are posting in the Whistler thread at the moment.

Can’t think of anyone else at the moment.

Welcome lulu shred

You guys should totally do a girls shred day in Whistler.

Michelle, Chantelle (Jackpot), Sarah, Jacquie (Dean’s GF), and I’m sure we can get a few more.

I’m going to get Michelle back on the forums.

/boy out of here

rider26 - 20 November 2014 05:28 PM

You guys should totally do a girls shred day in Whistler.

Michelle, Chantelle (Jackpot), Sarah, Jacquie (Dean’s GF), and I’m sure we can get a few more.

I’m going to get Michelle back on the forums.

/boy out of here

I’m game - always up for a shred!

<boypost=1>
My Girlfriend and I will be in whistler jan/feb as well. so theres 1 more girl boarder on the list
</boypost=1>