The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Whistler Blackcomb 2014-2015 — Official Thread

grunge - 19 November 2014 09:40 AM

Ugh, dayam they’re always opening early. I won’t get to Van until the 10th, so I’ll see most of you folks then. =)

Opening early is probably better for you. By the time you arrive most of the “Super Keen” ers have already done a day or 2 and the lines will be shorter.

I think next year I just come early to the big W. =P

DylanV - 19 November 2014 08:52 AM
TJswish - 19 November 2014 08:38 AM
deanobruce - 19 November 2014 07:47 AM

I’m down for a cameo. I vote Dylan walks down from staff and lines up for us.

Down from staff or up from Longhorns?

What? hmmm

Maybe you will pull an all nighter in Longhorn’s…

Hey peeps!

I’m here in Whistler again this season working for snow school / ziptrek.
If anyone needs any help with anything / wants to go riding / have a beer just let me know smile

blackbanana - 19 November 2014 01:08 PM

Hey peeps!

I’m here in Whistler again this season working for snow school / ziptrek.
If anyone needs any help with anything / wants to go riding / have a beer just let me know smile

Hey Kyle!

Good to hear you’re back. We will have to catch up for a shred and beers for sure. PM me your number.

Which pod are you working in?

I’ll be out cruising round opening day for training with the QA team!
Then it’s a week off to play before work kicks off the following Saturday
Be nice, do our surveys (if asked), leave us feedback, messages or funny drawings in the comment boxes.

deanobruce - 19 November 2014 07:23 AM

Soooo who’s coming riding on sat? I have work at midday but will hopefully get a few turns in before. Then you should all come get loose at Longhorn and buy me sneaky shots…

Deano what do you do at Longhorn?? Bar I’m guessing, thats sick i start there next month in the kitchen and my housemate just started working there as a Busser. Yeww

Hey guys,

My name is Rick and just wanted to let everyone on here know that I’m going to be shooting quite a bit this Whistler season. So if you or any of your mates want a photographer / filmer let me know! I do some work with Rome SDS so most of my time will be setting up spots and shooting with the Rome team but am willing to get some other good riders in the mix of our edits and photographs.

Anyway hope everyone has a good season and hope to see you on the hill soon!!

I’ve been in Whistler area for the last 8 months and will probably be here for a few years.

I’m currently working full time at Whistler Alpine Guides and this job will probably allow for me to ride about 5 days a week. I’ll be at the MEC Snowfest tradeshow on Saturday, so I won’t be riding on opening day, but I’ll be up on the hill on Monday to see how things are looking.

Hopefully the forecast for precipitation this week comes true!

Whoop! Can’t wait to get riding again this season!

I’m going to be working lift maintenance in the CLC and valley Friday to Monday then shredding every other day!!

Keen to meet up for a ride or beer this season with any one!

rider26 - 19 November 2014 01:12 PM

whistler base pod!

lulu_in_canada - 19 November 2014 04:04 PM

I’ve been in Whistler area for the last 8 months and will probably be here for a few years.

I’m currently working full time at Whistler Alpine Guides and this job will probably allow for me to ride about 5 days a week. I’ll be at the MEC Snowfest tradeshow on Saturday, so I won’t be riding on opening day, but I’ll be up on the hill on Monday to see how things are looking.

Hopefully the forecast for precipitation this week comes true!

Welcome to Boardworld, Lulu! shaka

IM HOMELESS
if anyone can help a sista out text 902-233-4402
Canadian and been here four years…... not impressed

See you in your snow suits !

Alright, opening day. We need a time and place to meet.

Who’s in? Dylan, Rhys… anyone else?

How early do you guys want to get in line? Meet for breakfast and coffee somewhere first?

blackbanana - 20 November 2014 02:52 AM
rider26 - 19 November 2014 01:12 PM

whistler base pod!

Cool, I’ll keep an eye out for you. Either way, let’s catch up on a day off.