The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

bw girls achievement thread

blizzard_22 - 24 August 2014 08:01 PM

I feel like I achieved a heap at the shred! I can hit small jumps now and I managed to do a 180 this arvo on our last run! Yeeewwwwww! shaka

This was very cool!
Caught it out of the corner of my eye grin

I nailed the 8 rollers in a row without speed checking at all!

I got a tiny bit of air of a jump and rode a dance box all with out falling!

Really felt like my riding came along this weekend. shaka

blizzard_22 - 24 August 2014 08:01 PM

I feel like I achieved a heap at the shred! I can hit small jumps now and I managed to do a 180 this arvo on our last run! Yeeewwwwww! shaka

We were smashing it on our last run grin So much fun!!

My achievements are much the same as Blizz’s. I can now do small jumps off rollers and small kickers, I’ve nailed backside 180’s on flat ground and getting there with frontside ones and my tail presses and butters are looking much better on my new board (thanks Jez!). Can’t believe how far my riding has come since the last Shred! Don’t forget Blizz, our goal for next season is 180’s off jumps! We got this!!

Thanks heaps to Andy for the lesson on Friday. You’re a good teacher, I think we all got a lot out of it smile and thanks TJ for the tips re: my 180’s, it certainly made a big difference!

Well done girls!

From what I saw over the weekend you were all ripping it up shred

I certainly got the whole “being able to ride with females is really encouraging (besides Andy of course)  and brings done the intimidation factor” I am not articulating this well, it just I always felt like i needed to keep up with the boys as a skier (when I was younger) so never got these women only clinic that were promoted…

Blizz didn’t hear it at the time but there was probably about 20 people in the terrain park who cheered her when she got the first air!

ozgirl - 25 August 2014 11:37 AM

I certainly got the whole “being able to ride with females is really encouraging (besides Andy of course)  and brings done the intimidation factor” I am not articulating this well, it just I always felt like i needed to keep up with the boys as a skier (when I was younger) so never got these women only clinic that were promoted…

Blizz didn’t hear it at the time but there was probably about 20 people in the terrain park who cheered her when she got the first air!

I agree on the riding with girls thing for sure smile got me prepped to hang with everyone else over the weekend! Billy and Azz helped a lot on Friday arvo while lapping Pleasant Valley, and DRC helped in the Merrits park on Saturday, thanks guys!

So stoked that I got cheers, wish I had heard it!!!

blizzard_22 - 25 August 2014 12:10 PM

I agree on the riding with girls thing for sure smile got me prepped to hang with everyone else over the weekend! Billy and Azz helped a lot on Friday arvo while lapping Pleasant Valley, and DRC helped in the Merrits park on Saturday, thanks guys!

So stoked that I got cheers, wish I had heard it!!!

You’re welcome! shaka

Was a really good vibe among shredders riding together over the weekend, was great seeing people progress basically on the spot! shred

Had heaps of fun at the girls day (and the shred!). So proud of everyone in the park! I felt we all achieved something that day! (thanks again Andy!!). I nailed frontside 180s over the jumps.. And even rode out switch then nose rolled back to regular! So much fun!!  Also overshot the jumps at bluecow for the first time.. Haha too much speed! But didn’t do any damage… Lol

stoked that I can actually still do anything on a board. smile #Grannyshredder shred

Tambo - 26 August 2014 12:47 PM

stoked that I can actually still do anything on a board. smile #Grannyshredder shred

LOL

Well done ladies!!! Yeeeewwww!!
we were smashing it xx

Well done ladies - sounds like everyone is going really well.

Sooooooooo have any of you ever been on a super yacht?

haha jimmy

bigjimmy - 05 September 2014 01:22 PM

Well done ladies - sounds like everyone is going really well.

Sooooooooo have any of you ever been on a super yacht?

Yeah, but I bet they haven’t been on a rusty old barge like you either?

Lard Arse!

LOL !!!!! Too funny

Gotta post as I’m over stoked!!

Landed my first double handed nose grab
In Ruin Castle over the 25fts and straight airing the 30s!
Amazing what two weeks off with injury will do.
Yewwwwwwee

A few milestones for me lately. Popped my black run cherry the other weekend. It sure wasnt pretty but I didn’t die so that’s cool!

Also had a proper go at riding switch on the weekend. Awkward as hell the first few tries but then it started to click. Until I start to build some pace and then all those horrible beginner habits return. But it’s cool being able to notice it myself and try to fix it. Good fun and looking forward to having another go in the soft spring conditions again this weekend.