The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Writing Contest — Win an Endeavor Color 152 Snowboard

WRITING CONTEST

This contest is open to interpretation. We are looking for a quality piece of writing—whether it’s a trip report, blog post, editorial, product review, or any sort of article on a topic you’re interested in. The only guideline is it must have something to do with snowboarding, skateboarding, or surfing.

Bonus points will be awarded for use of photography (must be your own or sourced legally and credited).
Bonus points will be awarded if the article is engaging and encourages discussion.

The quicker you submit your article, the more chance it will have to engage people and encourage discussion before the deadline. It is in your best interest to submit your article early!

HOW TO ENTER

Start a new thread on the forums in the appropriate area and post your article in there. Then reply to this thread and post a link to your article. We will only be aware of your entry if you post the link into this thread!

TERMS & CONDITIONS

You can submit multiple articles if you wish.

This contest is limited to Australia only. You can enter from outside of Australia but we can only ship the snowboard to an Australian address.

This contest closes at midnight, Friday, August 22nd, AEST. The winner will be announced early the following week, and the board shipped out immediately after that. We want you to have the snowboard in time to enjoy for spring shredding!

THE PRIZE

Endeavor Color 152 Snowboard
This completely redesigned Color is the Endeavor team’s favorite jibbing board. The deep side cuts and reverse camber make this board soft enough to jib, yet poppy enough to hit park booters. The Color it is extremely maneuverable and is as rider friendly as they come.

Sweet. Looks like I’m going to have to document my next trip to the snow to have a chance to win this rad jibstick.

Wish it were smaller for my wee legs!

Snowboarding:
It’s a way of life. A true escape from the world around you. The power you get from strapping that board on and carving down that white sheet lying on the hill is surreal. Breathing in that cold air and peering over that steep drop, leaves the body wanting more and more. Have you ever noticed when you are not out on that slope, you find your body craving for the rhythm and speed you and your board share? That rush you get from having to wait for that lift to reach the very top builds up inside of you and is released the second that you bend those knees and gain that speed you yearn for. Snowboarding isn’t just a sport. It is a lifestyle. It is a substantial part of my life and many many other’s as well.
Picture yourself, gazing off the highest slope you can imagine. You are looking down as a slight chilling breeze rolls across your face. You close your eyes and just go for the ride. Cruising and shredding every inch of untouched snow.
Let’s be real here, that sounds amazing doesn’t it? If you read that and you find yourself gasping for that ecstasy of it, you should already know you were born to do this. You should also know that snowboarding shouldn’t be just a hobby for you, you must accept that it is a huge part of you and who you are.

This is my article, due to the fact my device is being annoying and won’t let me do a thread

Welcome to Boardworld, SnowAngel.

If you give me a title for your article, I can make it into a new thread for you.

I decided not to do a trip documentary, but I have just started a thread with the intention of explaining some of the principles behind how snowboarding works (these will be mostly related to basic physics) the thread is at:
my thread- The Science/Engineering of snowboarding

Here’s my link!!! Haha i’ve never written a blog/forum before… here comes the rookie!

Board Spectrum - Thredbo 2014

If you’ve got a spare couple of lifetimes to read it, I’ve just posted a trip report for my recent trip to New Zealand!

drc13’s New Zealand 2014 Trip Report

The winner of the Writing Contest is drc13 with drc13’s New Zealand 2014 Trip Report. Congratulations, drc13.

His trip report was entertaining, detailed and also received a lot of engagement from the community.

Thank you to everyone else for entering.

Please contact promo(at)boardworld.com.au to claim your prize.

Great call, well done, drc!

Well done, and well deserved, Dave!!!!! shaka

Box Head - 24 August 2014 05:15 PM

The winner of the Writing Contest is drc13 with drc13’s New Zealand 2014 Trip Report. Congratulations, drc13.

His trip report was entertaining, detailed and also received a lot of engagement from the community.

Thank you to everyone else for entering.

Please contact promo(at)boardworld.com.au to claim your prize.

Mudhoney - 24 August 2014 05:49 PM

Great call, well done, drc!

Mizu Kuma - 24 August 2014 06:23 PM

Well done, and well deserved, Dave!!!!! shaka

Yay thanks guys! dance

It was really nice having a bunch of fellow shredders come up to me over the weekend and mention that they’d enjoyed the report and this tops it off nicely! smile

Thanks for running this competition Boardworld it was the push I needed to sit down and slowly sort through my photos and document my fun trip shaka

Congratulations, Dave. Well deserved.

Well deserved, twas a great report!

nice one drc!! yeeww