The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

bw girls achievement thread

Thanks jez!

And air, I’m on a gnu b street 145 (last years model) its pretty flexi. And I’m loving it.. 

Also with pressing.. A lot of it is weight displacement…  (eg. Centering the weight between your back binding and the end of the board - bend you back knee and kind of squat with the front leg straight.. Then lean back over the end of the board…  You will notice the nose lift up… Then its just a matter of playing with how far back you can lean to get lift. - don’t try to just lift the board from a centered stance its way too hard!  (I’ve gone over the back and slipped out plenty of times trying. LOL)  hope that helps

Also yay for boxes!! I love them… Still haven’t had the guts to try a rail yet.. I can see that going all kinda of wrong for me! Haha

Looking fresh ladies

I am super stoked, didn’t ride a heaps because the weather turned sheet!

However, landed my first 360 off the little pyramid at Falls. Also landed a few clean back 1’s off some kickers and my switch riding is coming along..

Got my grabs down over the 20fts! Yewwww….SOOOO SSTOKKKKKKED!

h0z - 28 July 2014 12:52 PM

Thanks jez!

And air, I’m on a gnu b street 145 (last years model) its pretty flexi. And I’m loving it.. 

Also with pressing.. A lot of it is weight displacement…  (eg. Centering the weight between your back binding and the end of the board - bend you back knee and kind of squat with the front leg straight.. Then lean back over the end of the board…  You will notice the nose lift up… Then its just a matter of playing with how far back you can lean to get lift. - don’t try to just lift the board from a centered stance its way too hard!  (I’ve gone over the back and slipped out plenty of times trying. LOL)  hope that helps

Also yay for boxes!! I love them… Still haven’t had the guts to try a rail yet.. I can see that going all kinda of wrong for me! Haha

Yeh we got a lesson on our second morning in NZ to get some pointers. It worked out perfectly, me and the fiance booked a super early group lesson for $50 each and ended up being the only 2 people there so we basically got a 1.5 hour private lesson for super cheap! Spent the whole time learning butters, 180’s and ollies on 15cm fresh powder and he pretty much said the same thing so it’s good to hear I’m on the right track!

I was checking out the rails too but decided against it cos I knew I’d probably stack pretty bad the first few times! I’d loaned my wristguards to the future sister-in-law because it was her first day boarding and she had ignored my advice to rent some when she rented her board. After the first few falls she changed her mind and decided she might need them after all! raspberry

h0z - 28 July 2014 12:52 PM

That was gonna be my next board but apparently they don’t make them anymore downer replaced them with something different.

I am going to try spend some time this weekend practicing my butters, only done one since last season!

Yeh I was a little devo when I saw the new range and there was no b street :( I absolutely love this board! (maybe look for last years one… And as a bonus. It will be cheaper!)

If your down any time between 18-31st August. Let me know and we can butter together!! smile

h0z - 29 July 2014 11:51 AM

Yeh I was a little devo when I saw the new range and there was no b street :( I absolutely love this board! (maybe look for last years one… And as a bonus. It will be cheaper!)

If your down any time between 18-31st August. Let me know and we can butter together!! smile

Shred shaka

I am planning on coming down on the 21st to ride Perisher before the Shred.

I should have a brand new gnu smart pickle for the shred!  grin

Btw, any update on the girls shred? I reckon it’d be mad fun if it happens,. Plus would be nice to meet everyone I haven’t met yet.

H0Z I will be up then!

Also I am riding a GNU Ladies Choice - business!

I think we should do the BW Shred day at Perisher on Friday 22nd.

I wont work I will snowboard. If everyone is down for that?

Sounds good to me!

DOWN Oz!!! Make a new thread!!!

blizzard_22 - 29 July 2014 02:42 PM

DOWN Oz!!! Make a new thread!!!

X2 I will ditch the boys for this for sure!! cheese

I feel like I achieved a heap at the shred! I can hit small jumps now and I managed to do a 180 this arvo on our last run! Yeeewwwwww! shaka

I’m so proud of you girls. It was great to see so much progression over the weekend. Rosi was doing so awesome today as well. Everyone had fun, everyone progressed… so stoked! shaka

blizzard_22 - 24 August 2014 08:01 PM

I feel like I achieved a heap at the shred! I can hit small jumps now and I managed to do a 180 this arvo on our last run! Yeeewwwwww! shaka

Yessss! Go, Blizz! Jumps are the best fun, ever….welcome to your new addiction! grin