The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

bw girls achievement thread

I wanted to start a thread for the girls on here (guys feel free to comment or post photos and videos of female friends and partners, with their permission obviously) where they can show what they have recently achieved and or are stoked on!

**it doesn’t have to be the hardest trick or anything complicated…  It can be someone starting out and stoked they can link turns or falling leave a whole run…  Or maybe you’ve finally got that box in the park down.. Or started landing jumps… Anything your happy you have achieved. No matter how big or small!  (also photos and videos are encouraged!!)

Also it doesn’t have to be snowboarding, can be anything.. (surfing skating etc)

For me: Buttering and tail pressing have been a big focus when I’m at the snow…  so here is my highlight reel from my last trip,

A screen grab of the press:

And my favorite pic of a press (this one was end of last season)

Now girls (and guys) get posting…

Great idea for a thread, Hoz!

... now to think of something…  big surprise  tongue rolleye

shred

I don’t have photos but my housemate threw herself into the sport and loves it.

Had never been to a ski resort until Saturday. Had a 2 hour lesson with Andy in Smigs and then headed over and practiced on front valley all afternoon.

Blue Cow early Starter chair over and over on Sunday and is apparently linking her turns!

She is hooked… apparently spent most of today at work dreaming of how to improve her technique!

Interestingly out of all my previous housemates this is the first one to take advantage of the bonus’ of living with me!

ozgirl - 14 July 2014 08:05 PM

I don’t have photos but my housemate threw herself into the sport and loves it.

Had never been to a ski resort until Saturday. Had a 2 hour lesson with Andy in Smigs and then headed over and practiced on front valley all afternoon.

Blue Cow early Starter chair over and over on Sunday and is apparently linking her turns!

She is hooked… apparently spent most of today at work dreaming of how to improve her technique!

Interestingly out of all my previous housemates this is the first one to take advantage of the bonus’ of living with me!

That’s awesome to hear she had a great weekend! Hope she can come down again, maybe tell her to come to the shred!

For me I have noticed in the past 3 weeks how much more confidence I have. I’ve been having an absolute ball ducking in and out of the trees at smiggs, gotta start somewhere.

Last year I also did my first ollie and first attempts at buttering. Gotta keep working on them this year shred

Good stories ladies, and good work Blizz!
Not me but a work colleague came into my classroom this morning with her face beaming - she’s caught the snow bug. She went to the snow for the first time last week, and loved it. (albeit on skis, but we can change that). Good to have another winter stoke buddy!

shaka

Awesome!! 

Blizz if you ever want to come practice butters… Let me know.. I’m hooked on them!! 

I’m actually getting alot more confident with speed.. Can speed run zalis now.. (after a few tips from my friend who was a boarderx jnr champ, )

First week of school holidays PP and I did a day trip (it was PinkPrincesses first ever day trip).
I hired a board for her before we left and we hit FridayFlat before the lifts started. After 2 laps at FF we went up Gunbarrel and did the Traverse over to Supertrail and down to VT.

It was her 3rd time snowboarding and first time on snow for 12months. A massive effort to cover that much area straight away and prior to her legs turning to jelly she was linking turns.
She said she was very proud of herself and you can imagine I was stoked as well.

this is Milk Run at the bottom of Supertrail.

Because of the great conditions, and it being just a day trip, I put her on a set of planks so we could make the most of it. That was until she followed me into the trees and got stuck in waist deep pow - she learned a lesson that day, don’t take off your skis on deep fresh powder.

I learnt how to butter! h0z I can see why you find it so addictive!! Can do full 360 yet, keep catching the front about 180-270° round but I’m soooo close.

Love this thread!

Butters are the best fun! Just been messing around with nose and tail pressed into 180 sweeps and learning Tripods right now… So fun but soo hard!

Air180 - Those are made easier if you really centre your weight, bend your knees and look in the new direction, also make sure you are changing you edges quite promptly.

I am most stoked with myself - I did a huge rock drop at Falls and ollied the fence betwee the park and other run… smile

Great idea for a thread, Holly. Keep up the good work, ladies!

air180 - 21 July 2014 08:42 AM

I learnt how to butter! h0z I can see why you find it so addictive!! Can do full 360 yet, keep catching the front about 180-270° round but I’m soooo close.

Awesome!!

They are so fun!! 

(I find if u get moderate speed on a gentle slope, and start to tail press and then turn while doing that it helps you learn and get better rotation..  smile )

I’ve been improving my switch and my speed too, and cleared every jump in piper with out stacking!!  (usually I don’t get enough speed and either roll them or I get enough but dont land them..)

I can almost keep up with the boys down zalis (I over took 2 of them!) 

And I can get down excelerator and zalis fairly confidently at moderate speed, (with turning/carving) while riding switch!)
Even managed a few small tail presses while going switch!!

Its been. A productive week for me last week!!  Can’t wait to get back!!

Apparently my housemate does not care which foot forward she is.

Spent Saturday with her Boyfriend in Blue Cow and can ride regular and switch - linking her turns.

I told her to keep it up and not favour one or the other!

Landed a few 180’s today! Most of them were a bit sketchy but landed a few clean.

Today was our third day in a row riding so I’ll be keen to see how I go on fresh legs on Thursday after having the day off tomorrow to go sightseeing. Will try and get some photos smile

Awesome stuff air!! 180s are really fun to throw into some flat land stuff!!

Here are a few more pressing pics of me…

I have a video of my riding switch and one of buttering ill have to upload at some stage!

Keep those photos and videos coming ladies!!

Had my first time in the park at Cardrona! Hit a few jumps and got a little bit of air and also managed to do this a few times without stacking:

Nothing fancy just yet but I’m pretty happy with myself cos one of my main goals for the season was to have a go at the park. Gotta start somewhere right? Now that I’ve tried it, it’s nowhere near as daunting and I’m keen as to get back out there!

h0z I’m convinced I need a new board to get my tail presses looking as good as yours!!

Great stuff, girls! punch