The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Tips and Tricks

A thread for you photogs to give away some advice on how you achieved the photos your most proud of and to share the wealth of knowledge boardworld has to offer.
Feel free to ask or raise questions even if it’s an idea you have and want to know how to accomplish it.
Use this thread as an inspirational tool or a show off thread.

Tip#1 Be inventive, be different.

I was going through some of my shots and came upon these I did for a restaurant last year. Didn’t want just another generic drink shot so used my phone’s led to internally light the liquid instead of hitting it with a flash.
This can be done with any transparent material.

The only downside is getting the phone in shot - next time I’ll punch a hole in some card and hide the phone.

Note: 2nd pic is underexposed - I used this one to show the phone.

Wow, what a unique way to spam on a forum!!!!!

Wanker!!!!!

This looks fun! What a great life hack,lol.. This sounds a good idea for a fun ski vacation and get drunk in the cold powdery slopes. smile

Mizu Kuma - 25 April 2014 10:40 AM

Wanker!!!!!

Spaz is a nice guy when you get to know him. LOL

rider26 - 25 April 2014 05:12 PM
Mizu Kuma - 25 April 2014 10:40 AM

Wanker!!!!!

Spaz is a nice guy when you get to know him. LOL

But I do know him!!!!!

LOL
Good on you mizu!

Was meant to be more of an info thread - not me spamming, in which case I’ve been approved to spam these forums with my wares anyway.

Who doesn’t love a good cocktail ...?????

Its a cool technique. Ive used it before, and we actually use this with a waterbottle as a make do lantern while camping where we cant have fires haha.

Today this idea popped into my head out of the blue which involved this technique. I used my Crystal Head vodka bottle filled with water, dropped red food dye into it and it gave some sick results

I actually designed an entire bar shelving system around this technique.
It’s not working ideally (because the bar owner and builders keep having input) but I’ll attempt to get a photo of it tonight.

Hey, guys em Dave, I’m a beginner photographer and i like nature photography can anyone guide me and give me some tips. Thanks

Didn’t want just another generic drink shot so used my phone’s led to internally light the liquid instead of hitting it with a flash. auto clicker

Such nice photos everyone wink