The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Coffs Harbours new skate park

After over 10 years of petitions, public forums and a LOT of dedication by skaters of Coffs Harbour it looks like its really shaping up now, and its looking pretty damn sick!
  a hell of a shame I didnt have this growning up but at the same time stoked for the kids growing up & the skaters around coffs now smile
I’ll be hitting it up before i leave for good for sure skate shaka

I want to give a special mention & single out Bevin Newton, without his dedication & persistence I believe none of this would’ve come about until much further in the future or maybe not at all. He is an awesome dude who ive known and skated with for years, at one stage he opened up an indoor park in coffs, but due to financial issues sadly had to close. He now owns and runs coffs only true local skate shop.
It would be great if you could like his shop page & show some appreciation, its people like him that keep skating alive and pure
Popsgood Skate FB

Heres a pic of the bowl section atm, and yes, that is a 4.5m vert wall on the left of the first pic shaka

That’s sick! Well done to everyone involved.

skate

Well done!

oh i forgot to mention, skaters were involved in the planning and there is a “dedicated beginners area” so not to wreak havick in the bowl and on the street course shaka thumbsup

DylanV - 15 April 2014 04:44 PM

oh i forgot to mention, skaters were involved in the planning and there is a “dedicated beginners area” so not to wreak havick in the bowl and on the street course shaka thumbsup

smile

They in negitations now with a new Torquay park where I live which is going be ramps every where. Surf parks are always the same.