The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Let’s talk, sit down, grab a beer

There is no skateboard chat at all about what you have been learning, where you roll…good products you have found out and about.

I haven’t been skating to much due to full time which is a bummer because daylight savings is incoming but least the snow will fall. I usually go to Barwon Heads, Victoria park or just some flat ground street spot. I have been heading to North Geelong, Victoria lately also just because its nice and open. I have been trying to get back to regular flips to get on lock down.

I hope you are ripping the streets in to two with your moves wink

Yeah, unfortunately skating only happens for me between northern and southern snow seasons.
But this one is coming to a close soon so I’ll be back in aus “ripping it up” on the mini ramp LOL

Looking forward to it!!

Andy Aitken - 29 March 2014 01:38 AM

Yeah, unfortunately skating only happens for me between northern and southern snow seasons.
But this one is coming to a close soon so I’ll be back in aus “ripping it up” on the mini ramp LOL

Looking forward to it!!

:D Where is your mini ramp? Did you build it yourself?

Nah just what ever mini ramp I can find.

There’s a nice one in Slam Factory at Tuggerah NSW. Also 2 really small ones at Umina skate park and it also has a pool with a spine in it separating the deep end and shallow end. That’s mostly where I go, or any other smaller transition I can find.

Andy Aitken - 30 March 2014 10:08 AM

Nah just what ever mini ramp I can find.

There’s a nice one in Slam Factory at Tuggerah NSW. Also 2 really small ones at Umina skate park and it also has a pool with a spine in it separating the deep end and shallow end. That’s mostly where I go, or any other smaller transition I can find.

There is a good one in Torquay, Victoria in the DC retail store. I’m going to build my own when I have my own place so it’s easier for practice and then can throw on a snizzle.

Sup fellas!

I like the idea of this thread.

There is a sick mini in the Twelve board store in Richmond. If your around check it out.

I have been on and off skating the past couple of months. My heal bruise has been pretty shit. So a lot of the time I have been filming and taking photos.
Pretty stoked that a line I filmed will be used in my mates clip thats going on Transworld rocker

Today went out for a couple of hours of skating to Lilydale. Has a bowl similar to Fitzy and also a nice bank, quater, flatbar, ledge and manual pad set up. Was real nice to just cruise around and try some stuff.
was just focusing on doing lots of 5050s. They are still one of the funnest and best feeling tricks.
Was also working on my fakie 5050s and building up the speed I was going into.

Also though I’d do a few fly outs from the bowl haha. So oldschool but it is such a good feeling when you just fly out and do a clean boned ollie.

Bout to head out again for another skate.

On another note, I’ve just got myself a pair of Remind insoles. Feels so much better having the extra support. My Janoski’s still feel the same just more support and heal cushioning. Pretty happy with them for the price on BW Store

My biggest challenge at the moment is convincing my mates to get out and ride with me!
I have roped at least one guy to roll tomorrow night. we are both n00bs but it should still be fun.

Where bouts are ya located mate?

LowGuido - 01 April 2014 04:18 PM

My biggest challenge at the moment is convincing my mates to get out and ride with me!
I have roped at least one guy to roll tomorrow night. we are both n00bs but it should still be fun.

Yeah same only one of my mates still skates now the others are more in to family or surfing now. I might head out by myself anyway I used to skate every day when I was a young buck so it’s no big deal running solo.

Im in Belco. gonna be n00bin up the park tonight with my mate

bktron, St Kilda is probably a bit far for you to venture, but we are having a skate there Thursday night. None of us are awesome. Most in their 30s, and all just love skating.

Ah jealous you get to skate belco and wooden, LowGuido!

I’ve been slack, I think I’ve skated about twice since I got back from my holiday in Europe at the end of last year… downer Been riding MTB instead. Kind of annoyed at myself as probably skating my best ever on rails/boxes before I left as well.

K2_TeacherBoy - 02 April 2014 01:27 PM

bktron, St Kilda is probably a bit far for you to venture, but we are having a skate there Thursday night. None of us are awesome. Most in their 30s, and all just love skating.

Ah jealous you get to skate belco and wooden, LowGuido!

aaawwww I’m at work til 6pm any way man but thanks for the invite smile SHRED IT UP! That park is fun.

yeah we hit up Belco last night, and I actually had quite a crew for a change 5 of my mates showed up and we had a good sesh! I havent skated the park for almost a year so it was a steep learning curve just to get back to where I was!!

I have never skated woden, maybe have to check it out one day.