The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Help anyone know how to fix bodyboard

Hi I’ve got a bodyboard and the top skin has come up and has an air bubble underneath it about the size of a hand does anyone know how I can fix it? Cheers

Hi Ryan,
Probably better to post this in the Surf section. A few surfers on here body board too so they might have some tips for you.

Ryan Vanhelsing - 13 March 2014 01:17 PM

Hi I’ve got a bodyboard and the top skin has come up and has an air bubble underneath it about the size of a hand does anyone know how I can fix it? Cheers

Hi Ryan

As a long time rider of the lid, ive had this problem countless times. After 20 years i can honestly say theres no real solution for fixing air bubbles in the top deck, apart from not leaving them in hot places or in the sun… Once the top deck raises its near impossible to stick it back down..

Im guessing this problem was caused by leaving it the sun or in the car orrrr in a very high temp area. As high temps and sunshine cause the glue to melt and loose its adhesive and form an air pocket in your board.

If it was a de-lamination it could be fixed with “sponge-rez” i think they still make that stuff??

Anyway man, an air bubble isnt going to effect the performance of the board, however it may get bigger as time goes on. Then you may to just want to fork out a few bucks for a shiny new NMD, QCD or VS board smile

If you have anymore questions bro, fire them away.

Hope ive helped!