The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

In2Ski Test Drive

Hi Guys

So today I went down to the new Indoor ski centre that’s opened up around the corner from my house.in Alexandria and thought I would post a bit of a review.

So the place is called In2ski http://www.in2ski.com.au and caters for both skiers and snowboarders on 3 Maxxtracks slopes capable of a max of 6 people per slope, but usually a max of 3-4 is typical.

Staff were super friendly, when you arrive you fill out the standard if I die doing this your wont sue me form and then fill out a bit a form so they can get the right equipment sizes for you.  They have a full range of boots, boards/ski’s and also helmets included but you are welcome to bring everything except your board as they use massively detuned rossignol trickstick amptek which are a twin board camber between the bindings rocker tips and tail..(and you soon learn why you don’t want any edges)  I was riding a 151 in a duck stance which is a size down from my normal 154 which the recommended.

Once all that’s done you walk over to your assigned slope, meet your instructor who I my case was the lovely Chloe and strap in.  And that’s when you go back to snowboard school!! So going in as an intermediate we got to skip all the basic,  falling leaf and other stuff and went straight to linking turns.  The sessions are broken up into 10 mins on 10 mins off over an hour period so your riding for 30 mins during your one hour session.

Its a very weird feeling to start with your on a slope staring at a mirror reflection of yourself, holding onto a handrail and trying your best not to end up on your arse.  But I can definitely see the training benefits…for starters you need perfect form you cant afford to be lazy or you catch and edge and down you go.  Speaking of which I had a few stacks even managed to flat spin a 360 caught an edge and hit pretty hard,  but the grass mat is actually pretty soft.

The instruction was good in the first session Chloe just talked us through what she wanted us to do.  2nd session she jumped on the slope and got us to mirror her, and then the final session we just went at it, while she gave us more tips.  By the end of the hour I was starting to be able to carve with my hand hovering over the rail but definitely wasn’t game to slide further up the slope and go nuts.  They did say we had done pretty well as it usually takes people a few sessions to get used snowboarding on the artificial slope.  Apparently its a bit easier for skiers but we all know they always take the easy way grin

Anyways after my hour I was pretty smashed and started to get jelly legs.  You finish up with filling in a skills checklist that they keep on file so you can request things you want to learn, keep track of your progress.

Would I go again?? definitely even just for the cardio work out it was great fun, and really showed where my weakness’s are.  I personally think that if you mastered riding on this slope you would absolutely smash it when you got back onto real snow.

I also was given a couple of two for one pass’s that are valid until end of Feb if anyone’s keen to give it a crack.  If you have any questions fire away.  And id love to see what some of the snowboard instructors on here think of it.

Oh and they mentioned there were looking at putting in a small park with a couple features.  I think something like a run in, to a rail or box then into a quarter pipe or something like that

interesting! I didn’t get what it actually was til I watched the youtube video on their website.

thanks for the write up!

Hey Reaver,
Thanks for the write up mate!
The lovely Chloe you got for an instructor is actually my good friend from Perisher! I’ve worked with her for a few years now at Smiggins.
It sounds really interesting, I kinda want to try it for myself now.

You mentioned they are putting a park in. Do you know how they will do that?
Will it be an artificial slope separate to the treadmill things?

from what I was told it will be a separate artificial slope in the 4th corner of the building.  they currently have two treadmill slopes down one end of the building and the 3rd at the other end, with a space beside it for the park.

Interesting…  oh oh
I’ll have to ask Chloe when the park section will be done

Thanks for the review, mate.

Sounds like a good pre-season/pre-trip training session. Get the muscles working so you don’t have the first day lactic muscle pain at the snow.

Have you had any offers on the 2for1 pass yet - I would be interested. (was going to hit it up on opening day).