The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

SKATE SHOES: What to look for.

C J Parker - 20 June 2013 06:46 AM

It is amazing what you kids can come up with, they have fresh ideas and think outside the box. Similar idea I remember from the original E’s Muska.

What I would do to get a pair of these nice and simple. The D3 used to wear so well but damm they were chunky, I think they retailed for around $230 in oz.

The E’s Koston 2 and 3 were great skate shoes and completely nuts in the durability side of things. Had a pair of both of these and loved them both.

Never had these but sold loads and regret not buying a pair.

Had a few pairs of these when they were first released and absolutely loved them. They were as durable as anything and fitted so good, which is as rare as anything for me. Get them again if I could but stick to what they still release.

CJ you know of any black shoes that are suitable for work not to chunky?

What do you mean suitable for work?

Well I can wear any shoe to work no need for the full leather steel cap or anything like that. Just want something low profile more of a leather look.

Ah k. And you want it as a skate shoe too?

K2_TeacherBoy - 03 February 2014 06:13 PM

Ah k. And you want it as a skate shoe too?

Nah not important I have Janoski’s to skate in. Emerica - Leo Romero would be alright.

Do they have to be completely black?

Fallen Black Ops are always a good option for completely black.
Emerica Laced as well as the Reynolds Cruiser.
Etnies Jameson or the RCT are a good option.

Hope this helps.

Yeh you have a lot more options if you can have a white or gum walls

mmm Blk/gum shoes are so nice.

All good options thanks for the help guys wink appreciated

Very helpful post for choosing the right shoes for skating

Helpful guide.