The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Who’s learning to surf this summer?

TOTALLY Stellvadore!

Preaching to the converted.

Just had a great trip up the coast, surfed with a couple of mates I used to surf with when I was in my late teens early twenties.  Both guys used to really push my surfing and even now it really was no different, I ended up punting and sticking a big backside air amongst other things one surf, been quite a while since I’ve had that level of froth to do things like that.  I’m not exactly learning to surf but I did get a whole heap of stoke back trying new things again.

I’m going to learn how to surf again at the arse end of this summer i guess?! after i get some strength back in my leg after this last OP anyway

Miz is going to teach me to surf soon shaka

LOL Like I told ya!!!!! I’m gonna have to teach myself first!!!!!

Ahhahahaah

Well I had another crack this year.  My new 8’ foamie is a bit of a boat but at least I can get up on it pretty reliably.  I can even stick mini Mud on the front and ride in on the back!  He looks like a hood ornament!

Other skills I have now mastered:
- obliterating a stranger with my foamie in a wipeout (that 8’ leash sure is long!)
- finding the biggest waves when I’m trying to paddle out
- finding myself in a waveless channel once I get out

LOL
Yep, you’ve skilled up!

Sadly, I have to agree!