The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Jones Twin Sister or Mountain Twin or something else?

Hiya
Thinking that since my first board is now 8 yrs old, I should buy a new one!

Only ever ridden a camber board and now thinking of getting something a bit more playful like a Jones Twin Sister or Mountain Twin.

Anyone ridden either of them? Or can recommend something else.

Only really interested in riding groomers not park, but like messing about riding switch, powder if available. Might try some small jumps but that’s about all.

I’m 171 cm, 63kg and size 9 us boots. Intermediate level.

Roll on winter

Hey SBB,

Welcome to Boardworld!

I can’t really help with hardware but hopefully some who can will come along soon!

But post in https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/14357/ and tell us a bit more about yourself! shaka

Welcome SnowBoardBabe shaka

You pretty much have same specs as me (height, weight etc). I ride a 151 Gnu B-Nice and just love it. I have ridden it in all conditions in Australia and have never once had a bad day on it. It is a very forgiving board, I let my sister in law ride it (she is a beginner) and even she found it easy to ride.

I am a cruiser, I just like to ride around and enjoy the mountains and have found this board is perfect.

Hope this helps!

I’m with blizz on the gnu bandwagon! I have a roxy olliepop that I learned on, and last year my other half surprised me with the gnu b street. And I LOVE it!! I’m an all mountain rider with a fair bit of time also spent in the park. I’d say I’m intermediate in both. Not as confident in the park. Can’t do rails. Only jumps and boxes, but loving this board with everything.

if you were set on the Jones boards. (never ridden them personally) maybe see if you can hire them for a day or so, or demo them. This would be the best way to know if they are right for you.

anyways. Hope this helps, and welcome to boardworld! smile

Hey thanks for your advice. I’d like to try the twin sister first but it’s a hard board to get hold of so doubt I’d find it in a hire shop.

Will check out the gnus. How do you find the rocker handles getting off lifts/using tows or on the flat?

Mines a hybrid, so its rocker between the feet and mild camber out to the ends, and I have no troubles with it, smile

Hey snowboard babe!

If you are keen for something more playful then you may well enjoy riding a rocker board.
I’m not too sure on the specs of the Jones boards you are talking about - haven’t ridden one yet but keen to - mostly because I love Jeremy Jones and I’m sure he wouldn’t put his name on anything that was junk!

You might be able to ring around a few snowboard and hire stores and ask them what boards they might be demoing this coming winter.
Demo boards are generally way better than regular hire boards so you might get lucky and find a shop that is demoing Jones boards!

SnowBoardBabe - 19 January 2014 10:40 AM

How do you find the rocker handles getting off lifts/using tows or on the flat?

Easy as!