The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

wetsuit rubbing on neck

Google tells me to use some stuff called Body Glide, but not sure if it’s petroleum based.

Looks like Body Glide might be the go:

* Stops Trouble Before It StartsĀ®

* Hypoallergenic, non-petroleum based, easy to apply, no mess

* Protection against hot spots on feet and rubbing that causes saddle sores, chafed, chapped, and cracked skin, irritation from bras, even irritation from skin rubbing skin

* Can be used with footwear, orthotics, clothing, sports and swimwear, braces, prosthesis, compression wear, wetsuits

* Suitable for sports, fitness, big and plus sizes, work, military, law enforcement, travel, hot, cold, dry or humid weather

* Apply to face, neck, shoulders, arms,chest, nipples, groin, buttocks, thighs, legs, feet

You’re gonna use it on your nipples aren’t ya?????

last time I checked my neck didn’t have nipples!

But do your nipples have necks?????

I am retiring from this discussion while I still have a shred of dignity intact!

Ohhhh, that was relinquished the moment you signed up to Boardworld!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 09 January 2014 01:32 PM

As long as it isn’t petroleum based?????

Nope!

Thats why i use it shaka

Mizu Kuma - 09 January 2014 12:55 PM

If you’re gonna use some sort of lubricant, I’d suggest somethin other than Petroleum Jelly!!!!!

It degrades the neoprene over time!!!!! Can also react with the glues that are sometimes used on the seams of modern wetties!!!!!

and the zips, for the love of god, don’t forget the zips!!!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 09 January 2014 04:05 PM

You’re gonna use it on your nipples aren’t ya?????

Where do we get this stuff???

Azz - 10 January 2014 02:10 PM
Mizu Kuma - 09 January 2014 12:55 PM

If you’re gonna use some sort of lubricant, I’d suggest somethin other than Petroleum Jelly!!!!!

It degrades the neoprene over time!!!!! Can also react with the glues that are sometimes used on the seams of modern wetties!!!!!

and the zips, for the love of god, don’t forget the zips!!!!!!!

Oh yeah!!!!!

Just rub some wax on them!!!!!

I’ve almost worn my nipples off due to surfing rash.
One summer I had massive rash under my arms that took my skin off, because of neoprene and long surf sessions.
Both in the early days of my surfing life.

Vaso kept me going. But with the advice given hear I would use pawpaw now. (couldn’t use lube on nipples while surfing - it doesn’t mix well with wax).

These days I don’t suffer from neoprene generated rashes - just leather and vinyl   zipper

I got myself some Body Glide and it works a treat.  I am also now making sure the wettie is pulled right up properly so it’s not dragging down on my neck.  Haven’t had a problem since doing these two things.