The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Japan Snowboarding Lessons - Grand Hirafu, Niseko

Hey all,

Just looking for some recommendations on snowboarding lessons in Japan?
Will be staying in Hirafu Village and mostly boarding Grand Hirafu.

A friend of mine in Japan recommended these guys: Pro Powder

From their skill level check I would put myself between:
Level 4 - Is confident linking controlled turns in both directions on easy slopes, and is looking for some tips to take it to new and harder terrain.
Level 5 - Is confident controlling shape, and size of turns on a variety of easy and intermediate terrain, and is ready to ride off the groomers.

Would be looking to build confidence at higher speeds, steeper terrain and some introductory lessons to basic freestyle.

Has anyone dealt with these guys before or anyone else they would recommend?

Cheers and many thanks,
xd

Edit - For reference: (Prices are per person)
Pro Powder ¥16,000 (2 hours)
NOASC ¥15,000 (2 hours)
NISS ¥12,000 (1 hour)
NBS ¥20,000 (2 hours)

Can’t tell ya, but bein in Japan it should have a good rep!!!!!

Also suss out NOASC in Hirafu!!!!!

They have been there for yonks!!!!!

I have friends who work for NISS (Niseko International Snowsports School)

My other friends who have a house in Niseko use the instructors associated with the Hilton.

Hey XD,

A good friend of mine that I teach with in Perisher & Hakuba, is working in Niseko this season.

His name is Todd Shuiling and he works for NBS (Niseko Base Snowsports - The Orange Guys). I can vouch for him, he’s a good instructor that loves it in Japan. You’ll have fun with him.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Do you have any contact/fee information (email/website?) for the above?

I will be in Japan from the 22nd Feb to 9th March (on snow in Niseko Mon 3rd to Sat 8th March).
Am currently doing budgeting/estimations etc.

edit. NVM, I have googled said organisations smile and edited original post with links and prices.

RolandMc - 23 December 2020 02:07 AM

Are there any examples of articles about snowboarding in Japan? I want to read something on this topic, since I am writing a scientific work about it.

Are you a scientist? or a journalist? I have read a lot of scientific articles about this on the site where you can find all sorts of examples of abstracts here if you really need it. I found various examples there, you can find here to see how other writers or journalists search for their articles. I think it will be useful to you. In any case, there are many suitable places in Japan.