The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

New Board to improve with

Hi smile
Í‘m looking at getting a new board this year and my last 2 boards have been camber. I feel if I get a rocker board I can really progress. (only just starting to research different boards) and I would like something that can take me from groomed runs in perisher to tree runs in Canada and pow in japan. I’m also starting to experiment in park and would really like to improve their too. Is there a board out there that anyone truly recommends? thanx ladies

Hi there!

In my opinion a rocker board can helps you to improve at jibbing in special, so it depens actually on your preferences and what you like to do when you ride!! The thing is that when u land on a rail or a box with a rocker board you will have more contact surface because of the shape of the camber, avoiding to contact with the edge and crash then, of course smile on the other hand edging becomes more difficult when you ride a rocker board, because of the same reason…so if you like speed and edging, you can find more difficult to manage edging with this kinf of board! you choose but in my opinion…trying new things in a sport is always good, you can enjoy different new things!!

Hey, try and demo a few boards if possible?

about half way through last season i got a gnu b street, (coming from a roxy olliepop) and I’m loving it, its a true twin, and a hybrid camber, (cam/rock/cam) it looks virtually flat in the middle with higher than normal ends,  and i feel i have progressed more on this board in half a season, than i have the last 2 years..  I’m now riding park fairly comfortably, and loving flat land tricks (butters, presses, ollies/nollies) its a pretty flexi board, and apparently floats well in powder, (rode a few “Aussie powder” days on it, but obviously nothing like Japan/ Canada, but it handled quite well, and being a smaller board i didn’t expect that (i have a 145)

i really highly recommend this board as a good all rounder, (if your in perisher next season, your welcome to try mine,) hope this helps a bit,

p.s. welcome to BoardWorld!

Anything twin and GNU!

Symmetrical only way to go. Best park board , kills it jibbing. The magna trac cuts throughout ice and the boards are so well crafted the just absolutely shredd.

Change everything about your confidence style and ease by getting a GNU. I ride a small 145.5 ladies choice. Laaaarve it in the park, jibbing street, or slamming down some mountain terrain.

I ride a Gnu Bnice, such a rad board for all Aussie conditions smile