The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

‘Be the influence’ National Boarder-X Series

‘BE THE INFLUENCE’ NATIONAL BOARDER-X SERIES

Official website: http://www.newtonsnation.com.au/

Official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/newtonsnation

REGISTER HERE

‘BE THE INFLUENCE’ NATIONAL BOARDER-X SERIES

Boarder-X has been the dream of of just about every skate boarder since the beginning of time. We have all seen it half attempted overseas on a number of occasions over the last decade. The problem with boarder-x is its not something you can half do, its one of those events that is either go big or go home. Well Newton’s Nation and ASRA has decided to go big!!!

We have partnered up with the Australian National Preventive Health Agency’s - Be the Influence campaign to undertake a massive set of events running from Oct 26th, 2013 to Nov 16th. The world first is going to premier in Sydney, followed by Newcastle then Brisbane and Melbourne. 

Ramp build began in August and we expect completion by early October.  Below is a stylised render of the course. Keep your eye on our Facebook page and here in Sept when we start telling the world about the course. Remember the event is FREE to attend so no excuses…

DATES:
26th Oct in Sydney
2nd -3rd Nov in Newcastle
10th Nov in Brisbane
16th Nov in St Kilda in Melbourne

Looks interesting! If I’m around that day I might head to St Kilda to check it out

This is going to be sick. I can’t wait to see what happens.

Australia’s first Be The Influence Boarder X

Check out the awesome video from our mates at Skuff TV. The extreme skateboarding race, sponsored by Be The Influence - Tackling Binge Drinking and organised by Newton’s Nation, went off in Centennial Park on Saturday 26th October. It saw some of the best skaters in the world taking on the epic course of ramps, berms and kickers. Remember, these skating legends wouldn’t be able to do what they’re doing if they were out getting drunk the night before!

EVENT TWO - NEWCASTLE

BRISBANE

I should be in the area on Saturday so will try to take some snaps of the event

The Melbourne Final and Series Highlights

Who needs the roller coasters of Luna Park when you have the Be the Influence BoarderX Series. This weekend saw the final come to St.Kilda. There was some skilled racing and a few close calls but it was American Brandon Tissen that finally took the win and $3000. Australian Rob McWhinnie took the second prize of the overall series.