The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Skatepark Etiquette

Found this video which outlines some good skatepark etiquette.

Use this thread to discus any thing about skatepark etiquette. What pisses you off? What do you think has been left out of this vid?

Good vid. Snaking pisses me off the most. Scooter kids do it most often, so annoying mad I didn’t really get the ‘copy cat’ thing, it wouldn’t really bother me, but I guess everyone is different.

Great video! We should post this on the Scooter forums oh oh 

I kinda get the copy cat thing Koper, but it’s all about how you do it I think.
You can be a jerk about it, or not. And get offended by it, or not.

I have had some random skaters copy my tricks. And it usually just turns into a game of SKATE without the letters. And they are really just saying hi and rolling with you.

But if you just copy the guys line, to show him up, and then skate off. Bit of a jerk move.

Yeh there is a difference between doing the same trick as someone and burning them

I moved to a nicer area, closer to college for me, and a big thing around here is kids sitting on the bottom of a hip or ramp to film another. Kind of annoying, especially when they lay their bike or board in the way as well

Just bail and “accidentally” fire your board at them.

Is that a bad attitude?  thinking  Or accelerating their learning?

Snaking and stay out of the way is all you need. Doesn’t worry if people hang out at the park and chong some bongs.

Snaking is so annoying especially some skaters are notorious for it.

Copying is fine if your not being a dick, other than that don’t one up just skate and have fun.

People without boards in parks that get in the way is stupid. I remember Bondi skate park was terrible for it. Sitting on the ledges when you were actually skating it or parents just walking through the park area while your doing a run and having a go at you for nearly hitting them. But hey people are stupid these days and etiquette is gone with most people now.