The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Thought you should see this!

Hey girls, sorry to invade your space. I just wanted to share this amazing news with you.

http://www.messynessychic.com/2012/11/27/in-the-midst-of-a-warzone-there-is-an-afghani-skateboarding-school-for-girls/

That was awesome!

Thanks for sharing shaka

That is awesome!  Thanks for sharing smile

I really admire people who create initiatives like that. I’ve been a youth worker for about 5 years one thing it’s done is really made me appreciate how seemingly little things like this can profoundly change someones life. Nice to see that someone is bringing a bit of happiness to those girls lives!

Awesome.

Stories like these always make my heart glad. There is a lot of good in the world and it’s easy to lose track of that among all the bad news. Sometimes I wished news would pay more attention to stories like this to lighten the mood rather than superficial puff pieces.

I had to come in and have a peek at the activity in here, and I’m glad I did!!!!!

How awesome is that!!!!!

When are the Arseholes of the world ever gonna realise that somethin such as Boards are Better than Bullets, is such a better way of life?????

That vid made me happy!!!!!  cool smile