The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Welcome - Let’s start with an introduction…

Hi Ladies,

We thought that it was about time to start a fresh new introduce yourself thread.

So whether you are old or new to the forums go ahead and introduce yourself below.

We thought a couple of standard questions would be a good starting point but feel free to tell us anything you fancy!

Where do you live?

Do you snowboard, skate, and/or surf?

What is your “home” mountain/beach/skate park?

What made you join Boardworld?

Tell us something interesting about yourself:

* and share a photo too!

So I’ll go first! My name is Kim and I am one of the Mods for the girls section.

Where do you live? Sydney

Do you snowboard, skate, and/or surf? Snowboarding light weight. Have tried surfing a few times… a lot of effort for what feels like little reward… Skateboarding… asphalt hurts - nuff said!

What is your “home” mountain/beach/skate park? Perisher

What made you join Boardworld? Jez convinced me I wouldn’t be an outcast!!

Tell us something interesting about yourself:  I am a skier on the outside, snowboarder at heart! </small>

I’m Jenna and another moderator for the girls section

Where do you live? Canberra

Do you snowboard, skate, and/or surf? Snowboard only. Only tried skate as a kid and the ocean scares me, so no chance seeing me surfing!

What is your “home” mountain? Perisher

What made you join Boardworld? Saw an advertisement on facebook. Registered to be notified before the launch. Thought it would be rad to be able to talk to so many like minded people!

Tell us something interesting about yourself: More weird than interesting, but my favourite food is pasta and I will try almost anything on it! I absolutely love apple sauce on pasta and even a little bit of melted vegemite!

I’m h0z, aka Holly smile

Where do you live?
Sydney’s northern beaches

Snowboard, and attempt to skate (lol)

Mountain - perisher (mainly blue cow)
Beach - Narrabeen/Warriewood, and shelly (opposite manly) for snorkelling (I can’t surf, but will swim and body board occasionally)

I wanted to find other people who like snowboarding as much as me, and already being in a car club/forum, and loving going on cruises.. I though that I would be a good idea to Google a snowboarding forum.. and meet some new people,

Tell us something interesting about yourself: I grew up as a massive Tom boy (most of my friends are guys still,) but I developed a really girly side and an obsession for anything pink or butterfly… lol

(Jenna, try tzatziki on pasta… (I was eating salad with left over pasta in it for lunch, and had tzatziki and carrot sticks for a snack,) and dropped a bit of pasta in the tzatziki, and damn was it good!)

I’m Margie, one of the mods in the girls section.

Where do you live? Right this second, in the back of a van traveling across America, but apart from that it is Australia or Sweden.

Do you snowboard, skate, and/or surf? Snowboard! As much as possible, I have dabbled in skating and still enjoy it but getting good requires too much pain for me to want to stick at it. And I surf…riding a mini mal or mal when the waves are small and mushy and a bodyboard when there is even a slight hint of the possiblity of a barrel.

Don’t really have a home mountain, I ride all over the place. Home beach would be Austinmer, NSW.

Crackers joined up and told me about it. I’d just finished my first snow season in Sweden and had finished a little edit and he said they had a section for member videos!

I can speak a bit of Swedish and I am a massive baby name geek!

Hiya I’m Tambo
Where do you live? Gippsland Lakes in Victoria, Chill Hill to be exact

Do you snowboard, skate, and/or surf? Snowboard, skier, so a bi-girl-of BW though skiing is pretty much in the past.

What is your “home” mountain/beach/skate park? Hotham, only 2 hrs away.

What made you join Boardworld? the whole crew really, as someone has to monitor the boys and the endless text messages!

Tell us something interesting about yourself: one regret is that snowboards weren’t invented earlier. smile

Hi! I’m Erin smile

Where do you live? Melbourne

Do you snowboard, skate, and/or surf? I snowboard, tried skating in my teens and was useless at it!

What is your “home” mountain/beach/skate park? The closest mountain to me is Buller, but I dont really have a ‘home’ mountain.

What made you join Boardworld? Pretty much the same as Holly! Joined a car forum many many years ago and a music forum many years ago and made heaps of awesome friends with the same interests! Considering I dont really have many friends into snowboarding i thought I may as well join as snowboarding forum as well!

Tell us something interesting about yourself: I’m a little bit sports mad. I love football, soccer, rugby (league and union), and cricket. In my free time i run, play indoor soccer and snowboard (in winter). But my number 1 love is Formula 1. Have been to the last 4 Melbourne GP’s, went to the Japanese GP in Suzuka in 2010 and am heading off to see the Malaysian GP at Sepang in March next year.

Lovely ladies! Welcome! Xx

I’m Billy and I’m a mod of the BW girls section. Here’s a little about me!

Where do you live?
Melbourne

Snowboard! Love it. Nothing better riding alone or with mates, good tunes, mountains as far as the eye can see and crusing around with not a worry in the world! I dabbled in surfing, however Stephanie Gilmore and the like would be very unimpressed…

What is your “home” mountain?
Hotham… Falls too.

To be honest I was so sick of trying to get my own friends to the snow (they would come but never really loved it like I did) - I had to ‘outsource’ and find some mates who have the same passion for snowboarding as me! (I promise I kept my old friends too :p ). Best decision, I love my BW buddies!

I’m famous - I once graced the cover of a Coles brand muesli bar box.

hey guys, i’m jess smile

Where do you live? On the goldy in queensland

Do you snowboard, skate, and/or surf? snowboard for sure. but living in qld i spend most of my days at the beach. shithouse surfer haha

What is your “home” mountain/beach/skate park? never actually ridden in aus, but spent the last 4 years living in whis so ima go with blackcomb mountain in whis since i used to work on that hill and it was my fave to ride! burliegh beach is the goods but fingal is where my heart is

What made you join Boardworld? kim haha both kim and brad (k2) lived with myself, finney and my buddy mitch when they came over to whis. when i got home kim sent me a message telling me i should join BW. i’m pretty sure my response was, what’s a BW.. haha

Tell us something interesting about yourself: i guess the most interesting thing about me is i’m a forensic scientist by trade and used to do autopsies for a living before i gave it all up to be a snowboard bum in whis for the last bunch of years

beachndogs - 09 September 2013 05:55 PM

Tell us something interesting about yourself: i guess the most interesting thing about me is i’m a forensic scientist by trade and used to do autopsies for a living before i gave it all up to be a snowboard bum in whis for the last bunch of years

Super cool.  cool smile

Guess I should do this also…..

Tobi

Where do you live? Melbourne

Do you snowboard, skate, and/or surf? Snowboard. Used to attempt to skate back in the day but I gave my deck away years ago now. I’d like to think that I can surf but in reality I can’t, it’s on my ‘to do’ list however living in Melbourne means that any decent surf is a fair drive away. I do SUP & kayak on a regular basis in summer though.

What is your “home” mountain/beach/skate park? Mountain - Hotham.
Beach - Either Elwood, South Melbourne or Sand Ridge for SUP/kayaking. Carrum for actually hanging out on the beach.

What made you join Boardworld? Jez.

Tell us something interesting about yourself: There’s not overly a lot interesting about Tobi. Between work, uni & snowboarding I don’t do a lot else. I talk about myself in 3rd person a lot and annoy people on facebook with photos of my garden.

Tobi - 09 September 2013 07:29 PM

and annoy people on facebook with photos of my garden.

Bring that shit on! I’ve just come home to a forest in my backyard - (and a dead bird on my door mat - what the?!)  better get onto it tomoz! Plus I’ve got lots of inspiration of fruit and veggie gardens from Europe!  Will no doubt bump into you at Bunnings my friend wink2

We should totally do Bunnings missions together.  wink

Also I’ll have a heap of seedlings left over so feel free to to steal some if you’d like.

Where do you live?
Fitzroy, Melbourne.

Skateboarder now snow obsessed - attempt to surf.

Beach: Inverloch
Skate: Fitzy bowl but I ride Riverside in the city.
Mountain: Hotham or POWDERPAK in Dandy raspberry.

After starting to ride this season I am completely consumed by the sport
and wanted to find some like minded chicks and guys!

I also showjump horses and was that weird chick on Big Brother 2012 smile .
Love to take the piss outta myself and have been a lurker on the skateboard.com forums
for the past 10 years.
Meow.

Stellvadore - 08 October 2013 06:30 PM

Rad pic!!!

Thanks been having a heap of fun at the Powderpak Parks.! rocker

shaka