The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Heliriding

I’m pretty sure I’m gonna know the answer to this, but I thought I’d check.

I’m new to Sydney, is there anywhere in Australia that does heli trips to snow or do I need to go to NZ for my fix?

Yeah you need to go to NZ for heli.

ive always wanted to go heliboarding. hopefully i can save some money and do it next season

Heli is a real treat, save the $$$, but come with the right expectations. It’s not going to be what you see in an Absinthe video, the companies have a ton of legal and safety obligations. You will see some of the Earth’s finest scenery, hopefully ride some of the best powder, and it’s simply a thrill. I’ve been fortunate to go a couple of times, it’s one of those every 5-10 year things, kind of like that Michelin star meal.

Also, keep a window open, they won’t fly every day due to weather conditions, but stick around long enough in one place (like Queenstown), and there will be some nice days where the choppers are running.

You could always visit us here at HeliPark. We do heli-accessed free-riding which means you’re free to go where you choose, we’ve made the whole mountain safe. Check out our website at http://www.helipark.co.nz or email me .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) for more info.

Formerly Mt. Potts, right?

I tried to go on my last visit back in 2003, but it was still closed because of lack of snow cover in mid-August.

It sucks here in Australia that the greenies and National Parks have hold of all the Snowy Mountains, and they dont allow and Heli-Boarding anywhere.

thats what you think!

Do you know something we don’t? Tell us.. wink