The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What to wear on the hill!

I can get pretty warm so I like the flexibility of shell outerwear and then layer based on conditions. Combined with opening and closing the ventilation zips I can cover most condtions.

Jacket = Shell
Pants = Shell
Base Layer Top = Icebreaker Merino (T-Shirt over the top so I don’t have to walk around at lunch in a base layer)
Base Layer Bottom = Nothing other than impact shorts, legs don’t get cold.
Mid Layer Top = Mid-weight Fleece but only if its particularly cold/windy
Face = I’m still in the search of the perfect face protection. At the moment the closest I’ve got is a merino buff style tube.
Socks = Lightweight Merino

ozgirl - 02 September 2013 11:18 AM

Here is an example of what NOT to wear!

Dude at mid station at Perisher.

Collared shirt, blazer, man purse, jeans! And ski boots!

LOL

Yep, footless, I get them from Kmart or supre, when the are on special I have like 6 pairs of black and about The same in patterned ones, (I wear them under my work pants too, as I’m in a cool room alot)

K2_TeacherBoy - 02 September 2013 11:35 AM
ozgirl - 02 September 2013 11:18 AM

Here is an example of what NOT to wear!

Dude at mid station at Perisher.

Collared shirt, blazer, man purse, jeans! And ski boots!

LOL

Sweet lord Jesus! teacherboy LOL

Winter riding I wear ALOT of clothes because I really feel the cold.
Normally in thermals top to bottom plus a loose shirt and then my jacket. Neck warmer, face mask and my helmet & Goggles. Gloves

Spring riding:
Tallest hoodie,
Tshirt and singlet.
Baggy snow pants and my helmet and goggles.
No gloves but I should look at thin ones because I managed to stab myself in the face with my nail on Sunday!

Someone correct me if I am wrong but these gloves from radical are aweome as spring gloves.

http://shop.radicalgloves.com/product/the-mime-glove-2013

Those gloves are radical all winter!!!!

I used to hate gloves, would only wear mitts, the shell kind as my hands get super hot.

Tried those gloves last season and absolutely love them!!!! Wear them in all conditions smile

When it is really cold I wear Rad Smitten Mittens, otherwise I wear Rad Uber gloves. They are AWESOME!!!