The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Bali

cords - 31 August 2013 12:23 AM

Tjena Henrik,

I recommend heading over to the east side of Bali - there is a place called sanur there. It isn’t that far from Kuta and has lots of hostels and cheap hotels.

With 8-9 days I reckon I would spend a few days in Sanur, take the Scoot ferry over to Nusa Lembongan and stay on that island for a few days and then take the scoot ferry again over to Gili Trewangan (another island)...you’ll meet plenty of people and have a good time![/quote

What cords said ^^^^

No i havent ben to hawaii.. But this time of year its coming into fall/winter over that way and thats when the big swells start to hit. So no spots over there will be under 10ft. Haha!

However if you want some chill island time Wakiki wouldn’t be to bad, but again super touristy.

Thanks surferguy! I booked by flight to hawaii smile Hopefully I won’t die! smile

Try http://www.digitalvillas.com for places to stay close to beaches in Bali. We’ve been there in 2018 and found a really nice villa. The kids enjoyed the pool and we loved the beach view so much. I mean, with such view, the price could be high but it’s worth it, plus you can reach the beach so conveniently.