The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Euro Extravaganza

This is the Black Sheep skatepark, located right in manchester city.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us<br>

First street spot of the day. People would hit lines into the bank or grind the railing on the bank in the back ground the popping over the wall or going the other way and over the bin out of the kicker.

Manchester is very much like east coast american skateboarding, make do with what you’ve got & make it look good.

Second spot was apparently poured by bmx’s, regardless a super fun spot.

Sexual Stu bluntsiding down the highway.

this plaza down by the Quays had some good variety

This wallride is gnarly if it got done

I’ll round it off for this lot with 2 amazing skateparks 1 for it’s immaculate design and the other on it’s merit of sheer size.

The first one is called Bones and is half an hour south of Manchester, all though it was once a thriving place for skaters it seems these days to be aimed more at BMX’s and scooter riders. The place is massive though and had 3 skateparks within the one building

room 1, smaller, quirky obstacles

room 2, back and forth flow

Room 3, the largest with a massive vert wall, mini halfpipe and a bowl with surprisingly good flow, this room was my favourite of the 3.

And lastly Projekt aka The Pump Cage to local skaters, not the largest but definitely my favourite park so far on this trip. It was super smooth and fast, the whole park flowed so well within itself and had such a large variety of both garden variety and more unique obstacles. They also have a wooden park attached that’s also a bit of fun but more importantly draws the bikers, scooter etc away from the concrete goodness.

The Pump Cage looks really neat. Nice lines.

How do you find the asphalt in the streets there? I have been in cold Euro countries and the roads and sidewalks were like skating down a dirt road.

Yeah it’s rough as hell, almost laughable some of the stuff the locals put up with but I think thats’s part of the charm of the place, you’ve got to earn it.

a cheeky ollie from Nelson, England

Week in London was sick, Southbank is amazing.

The fellers in the park

got rained out one day & hid under this bridge, before walking 4 km’s in the pouring rain.

This spot is gnarly, so rough!

spotsssss